Chance CA Kid

<p>I wasn't going to make a chance thread here, but there is a budget crisis in CA and my safeties are not safeties anymore. Im would really appreciate you guys' opinion.</p>

<p>OOS from CA- White Male
3.58 GPA UW
1950 SAT
710 bio 660 US SATIIs
Excellent Essays rec
3 APs... Euro-4 Bio-4 US-3
2 years Highschool baseball
3 Years California Scholarship Federation
Work as a tutor
National Art Honor Society</p>

<p>With that said, Im applying this week, but Im not sure when my teacher will send in my rec. </p>

<p>Also, a bit random, but if possible whats my shot at University of Washington- Seattle</p>

<p>I really appreciate it thank you!</p>

<p>Read the information in the freshmen applications section on the UW website. How do you feel you compare to the students applying and admitted? Also check the chances chart for gpa/test scores. Chances look good. It seems as though most students have reasonable EC's and good recommendations. For the other UW- you need to examine their info although from what I know they are a bit less competitive for admissions- but this could change if they get an increase in CA applicants. Use your computer time to search college websites- they contain a wealth of information and give you an idea of the "flavor" of the school.</p>

<p>Wait, you are applying to University of Washington-Seattle or University of Wisconsin-Madison???</p>

<p>Both I assume. I think that's getting pretty common in California.</p>

<p>I am applying to both and was more concerned with UW-M, but just threw in UW-S if anyone had some knowledge. I have looked at the chart and see I'm between 55-80% and have looked at a number of sites with reviews etc. I was just curious what you all thought about my possibilities is all.</p>

<p>I think your stats (GPA, SAT, OOS) are similar to 'sinkman55' and he found out this week his application was accepted to UW-Madison.</p>

<p>UW-M is University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. UW-Madison is just 'Madison' or 'UW' or 'Wisconsin'.</p>

<p>Oh, didn't know that thanks. I think you get what I mean though.</p>