chance---everyone's doing it

<p>Anyone can tell me my chance to get into WI-Madison?</p>

<p>East-coast public HS, suburban, i can't say it's super-competitive but it's one of the best 1000 high schools in the nation, so kinda competitive. </p>

<p>SAT I: V 780 M 750 W 580
SAT II: Math 740 Chem 710
ACT: 28</p>

<p>GPA: our school use 100 point system instead of 4
Weighted: 98
Unweighted: unknown

<p>Junior year AP's
AP US History: 5
AP English: 4
AP Calculus BC: 5</p>

<p>Senior year AP's
AP Macroeconomics, Stat, Chemistry, English</p>

<p>No sports, but there are a couple leadership positions in extracurricular, along with a bunch other ec's as non-leader, plus a small amount of community service hours (around 30).</p>

<p>you should be good, any clue on the avg, uw though? like A- avg, B+, etc?</p>

<p>I'd say in chances are very good.</p>

<p>I would say 74% in, 34% defer, 2% rejected........if ur ACT was like 29+ then ur odds r great but oos kids have an edge over in state due to $$$.</p>

<p>or 24 % defer should i say, my bad</p>

<p>his ACT 29+? Lol, his SAT is 1530. Strong chance.</p>

<p>I screwed up in the ACT, and got totally confused in the science section. In the SAT my weakness is the writing section, I don't know how much is that weighted in UW admission.</p>

<p>I think you're in. Good luck!</p>

<p>Interesting how some students do better on the SAT or ACT than the other. My son did better on the SAT than the ACT too, because the science section pulled him down. But for him, writing is his strongest -- and most schools don't even count it.</p>