chance for depressed oos student...

<p>cali residence
top50%public school(not top50)
asian male...
uw3.6-w3.8(top5%)
sat1500...retaking in oct and nov and expecting over 2000
sat2
math2-720(retaking in dec,expecting over 750)
chem-640(retaking in dec,expecting over 700)
korean-800(i should ignore this right??)
extra stuff
band-3years
soccer-1year
track-2years
csf-1year
some awards here and there
DECENT ESSAY...</p>

<p>Your rank and GPA are great. The SAT needs work. SATIIs don't matter. Your ECs are ok (have more leadership if you can), but you need to sound more enthused about them, i.e. not "some awards here and there" but "I WON all this stuff" etc. lol. Not exactly, but if you aren't excited about what you've done, admissions sure won't be either.</p>

<p>Improve the SAT and you have a decent chance. You need to stop being depressed about things first of all. Optimism is your best friend in the college admissions process. Depression is your absolute worst enemy.</p>

<p>i know...i try to be optimistic...but there was nothing going great for last 2 or 3 month or so...sat2 scores in may..(i didnt study for chem but i really expected much better score on math...) my gpa was not as good as i expected for last semester and june sat score was disaster...</p>

<p>and btw thank you guys for all the info...i appreciate it</p>

<p>If you don't like the SAT and are serious about Wisconsin, consider the ACT. But retake the SAT at least one more time and if you do better than 1900 you def. don't need to take the ACT to see if you can do well on it.</p>

<p>That's definitely some sound advice from Shanku. A lot of Midwest students take the ACT over the SAT. I'm not sure why, exactly, but many do. Quite a few students will perform better, in some cases exponentially better, on the ACT than they do on the SAT.</p>

<p>Good luck :)</p>

<p>do you guys think i have good chance with sat score of 2000??</p>

<p>thanks for the inputes...</p>

<p>SAT Score of 2000 would be great :)</p>

<p>re the ACT- until recently instate students were required to take the ACT for UW system admissions, only those planning on schools elsewhere that require the SAT take it. Much of the Midwest uses the ACT. The two tests have enough differences it would be worth your time to take it. Do review the test to familiarize yorself with it. Being Asian helps here for diversity's sake, but you still have to be competitive.</p>

<p>how can you "expect" over 2000 on your SAT the next time you take it when you last got a 1500? The most I've ever heard someone improve is 200 or 300 points...I'm sure you're really smart, your stats look good but a 2000 might be a little bit of a reach..however, nothing is impossible! :)</p>

<p>yeah, unless you were like deathly ill, i don't think it is likely that you will improve by 500 POINTS!!! shoot for a 1900, and it will help a lot. ECs need a lot of work too. Outta state puts you at a disadvantage if you aren't at the top of the app pool, but being asian could help...</p>