Chance for Engineering?

<ul>
<li>SAT - 1990 [CR 670] [M 680] <a href="might%20take%20again">W 640</a></li>
<li>ACT - 31 composite [E 31] [M 29] [R 29] [S 36]
SUPER SCORED - [35 E] [29 M] [29 R] <a href="will%20take%20again">36 S</a></li>
<li>APs (still waiting for scores, but I know) - AP Chemistry (4 or 5), AP Language (4)</li>
<li>Strong Courses.

<ul>
<li>Senior Course:
1.) AP Physics B (school does not offer C)
2.) AP Calculus BC
3.) AP Lit
4.) Spanish III/ OR Spanish IV honors (if I self study Sp. III this summer, then Sp. IV H)
5.) AP Economics (both macro and micro in one class)
6.) AP Computer Sciences A (school does not offer AB, but I may take AB)
7 & 8.) Lunch and Weightlifting</li>
</ul></li>
<li>Wrestling (7th grade to sophomore year, had to take off a season for junior year to gauge course load)</li>
<li>Soccer (sophomore year only)</li>
<li>Science Olympiad (re-initiated it junior year)</li>
<li>Math team (invited to it junior year)</li>
<li>NHS</li>
<li>Computer Club (co-re-initiator (lol) junior year)</li>
<li>Community Service Club (junior year, but my friends and I did enough to all get executive board placements for senior year. i am now VP.)</li>
<li>Volunteer at Animal Shelter (LOTS of hours, 125+, and started after we got dog)

<ul>
<li>joined PETA and became vegetarian as well (plan on doing a PETA demo in front of a KFC this summer)</li>
</ul></li>
<li>Indian</li>
<li>GPA - 3.8 cumulative weighted, i don't know unweighted</li>
<li>rank - I'm not sure, but my rank has shot up SO much from junior grades (two B's first semester, one of which was a B+ in AP language, and straight A's second semester)</li>
<li>Going to a summer research program at Drexel for Engineering. Called the Summer Mentorship Program.</li>
</ul>

<p>So the story is that I screwed up freshman year (straight B's, one C), and Sophomore year no C's, but A's and B's. I really changed the end of sophomore year (big story about me getting whole new group of friends, going to be one of my essays), and I realized that I really wanted to become an engineer. I started opening stuff around my house, and going to my dad's work place every now and then to mess around with gauges (he's a MechE). I am really really passionate about animal rights ever since I got a dog, and she's such a good friend. I volunteered a lot at the shelter she came from, joined PETA, and became vegetarian. I really like wrestling too, but couldn't do it this year to gauge for the heavier course load. I'm hoping doing some off-season wrestling will show that I haven't just given up on it (plan on wrestling in a club in college too). I like to do social experiments with my friends, in which we go around and perform them on strangers, without them knowing it. I keep a journal full of all of them. (It's actually really cool, and I'm pretty passionate about it.)</p>

<p>Chance please?</p>

<p>I also forgot to mention that I self-studied AP env. science last year.</p>

<p>A 3.8 GPA is not bad at all. I wouldn’t worry about your messed up grades freshman year. If you can, try taking the SAT again and getting over a 2000. Your extra-curriculars seem to be great. Especially the summer research program at Drexel. Will look really great on your application. Overall, I think you’ll make a very strong candidate and I will be highly surprised if you are not accepted. </p>

<p>Just a few notes though: I might be wrong, but I don’t believe Purdue has an essay portion on its application. Lol, I wouldn’t mention the social experiments on unknowing people on your application. And I liked the part where you mentioned you’re Indian. If you like being Indian, you’ll love Purdue. We have a Bhangra team, a Raas team, an Indian fraternity, an Indian sorority, SASA (South Asian Student Alliance), Diwali Show, huge Spring Cultural show called Thaalam, 3 Indian restaurants, …</p>

<p>Well, I hope that helped. And feel free to ask any other questions.</p>

<p>haha thanks a lot man. yeah, i’m redoing either ACT and/or SAT.</p>

<p>You can easily get in with the stats you have. and yes, purdue does have an essay portion, but its about your goals in engineering.</p>