Chance for MEch Eng. Out of State

<p>Hey guys! I applied to Purdue as my counsellor had recommended it to me. Before this year i had never even heard of purdue. Coming from California, attending a highly competitive public school. Sadly though my GPA is on the low side at :
3.5 W 3.2 UW.
SAT's 2010,
sat 2 math 640
I have a long list of extra curriculars (over 500 hours community service) and a great counsellor recomendation. What are my chances, i applied a few weeks ago, and am anxiously awaiting a response.</p>

<p>If you move your post to the "Engineering Major" discussion, you'll probably get a lot of input.</p>

<p>IN :)
kinda late to apply though.</p>

<p>Yea, your pretty much in. I had similar stats but i had applied earlier.</p>

<p>My S applied in Dec. of last year and got in. It's not too late but you need to have your housing application in for sure.</p>

<p>i have like, the same stats as you</p>

<p>california too</p>

<p>Tookie, do you remember how long it took for him to get the accpetance letter?</p>

<p>Seems like it was about 3 weeks. He applied online and then took the profile sheet to his school counselor to fill out and mail in, plus had his transcript sent. I guess it all depends on how quickly the HS counselor gets the paperwork to Purdue as to how long it takes to get the acceptance.</p>