Chance Me advise

<p>I was wondering when people get on here and asked to Chance Me, the people who reply give some strange opinions/replies. Some act like they are with the Admissions office and state they think you are missing this score or your weak in this area over another and if your eligible for this college or not. Does the Admissions Office actually answer any of these post or just people with their opinions that sometimes I question. You can sure ruin a persons hopes if your not careful.</p>

<p>It happened to me once when I posted a Chance me thread in the engineering forums. I appreciate the criticism I got though because it gave me a somewhat realistic view of where I stand on my admissions. A few people are just rookies who have no idea what they are talking about and I am pretty sure that they are probably freshmen in High School. Majority of the people though have a general idea and in that majority are people who have been accepted by these colleges and even go there so it really tells you where you are at. I disagree with you saying that it ruins a person’s hopes. Your hopes will not get you an acceptance letter but your stats will. If it does ruin your hope personally, thats just the way life is unfortunately. I feel for you…</p>