<p>Foreign language - French 3 years Spanish 1 year</p>

<p>sat Reasoning: 1730</p>

<p>Critical reading: 630
Math: 590
Writing: 510</p>

<p>work exp.
100 hours of community service
I help out in random charity events, so I have good experience in leadership
should I intern? Would getting a job over the summer increase my chances?? I heard that it does…</p>

<p>Sports:
3 years Varsity CSF Champion on badminton team
3 years Paintball Team Co-Captain played in tournaments</p>

<p>Awards:
Rising star award - rookie year
Most improved doubles- 2nd year
National Honor Roll award</p>

<p>Clubs:
Martial arts Club
CSF - Vice President and secretary
IB Club
Key Club- Active member
national honor society</p>

<p>My essay for college will be about how my badminton team seemed hopeless after all seniors left. Worked hard, countless hours, and training allowed the team to almost win CIF championship. There were alot of struggles</p>

<p>what are my chances at
uc riverside
uc irvine
uc davis
UCLA
UC berkeley
USC
UCSD
uc santa barbra
SDSU</p>

<p>Can you guys give me percentage of acceptance. Also in state resident
Was invited into National honor society and Who’s who among american high school students, but I think its a scam
Thank you</p>

<p>99%: R & M</p>

<p>80%: UCSC</p>

<p>50%: D, SB, I</p>

<p>30%: SD</p>

<p><20%: Cal & LA & USC</p>

<p>High chances if you live in SDSU's catchment area, otherwise low.</p>

<p>If I was in ELC, my chacnes would be boosted by how mucH????</p>

<p>if you are elc with a 3.7 w gpa, it must be a grade-deflated school! But, to answer your question, statisitcally, elc accpeptances are:</p>

<p>~99% for R, M, & UCSC
~90% for D, DB, & I
~80% for UCSD
~50% for Cal & UCLA</p>

<p>USC loves high test scores, so elc may not mean much to them.</p>

<p>USC also loves ECs, which you have a lot of.</p>

<p>Wow ELC gives such a major boost, Well I signed the ELC paper and haven't heard from them for awhile. I doubt Ill get into ELC, but is ELC extremely difficult to get into?</p>

<p>ucb, ucla, ucsd- reach
ucd, uci, ucsb- slight reach
ucsc, ucr, ucm - match (ELC safety, u say?)
sdsu - match?
usc- reach</p>

<p>Phillip:</p>

<p>ELC is the top 4% of your HS class based on weighted gpa for Soph & Jr years, uncapped. Thus, obtaining ELC status really depends on how you've done at your HS in comparison to your classmates. </p>

<p>The stats I posted in #4 are typical of each campus's selection of ELC students and are in general; your individual mileage may vary. For example, Irvine uses ELC as one factor in its holistic review process, and typically accepts 95+% of ELC students. Cal and UCLA typically accept half of ELC students, but it has little to do with ELC per se. The two campuses accept about half of those students due to extremely strong transcripts at a specific HS. OTOH, they also reject about half of the ELC applicants.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Thank you bluebayou you were extremely helpful, i think sdsu is a safety for me. I live in SD and all my friends I know get into SDSU easily, eventhough they have poor gpa and poor sat scores</p>

<p>Yes, if you are in SD's catchment area SDSU would be a safety. If your are out of the catchment area (for example North SD County), SDSU would be difficult.</p>

<p>btw: the forms you signed for your HS was just to allow them to release your HS transcript to UC (confidentiality issue). UC will recalculate HS gpa's based on UC 'a-g' courses and UC-approved bonus points. For purposes of ELC, bonus points are uncapped. Top 4% per HS (and ties) are ELC and guaranteed admission to a UC as long as they complete the SAT/ACT + Subject Tests and graduate from HS. However, the 'guarantee' campuses are never Cal nor UCLA. In the prior years, the guarantee campuses have been SB, R, SC & M.</p>

<p>^ UC Davis also guarantees admission to ELC students</p>

<p>ELC means guaranteed acceptance under first or second choice major. If you get it for a school, it means they've already accepted you, you just need to apply as a formality and hope that you get the major of choice otherwise u get second choice.</p>

<p>You're scores are lacking. But the fact that you are in International Baccalaureate classes means that you have a damn good chance compared to someone who took honors. Its pretty much the same if you took all APs freshman through senior year. Your EC's are also damn good, awards not so much impressive because not academic completely. Try getting some more hours for com service. But here is my opinion of your chances at the schools, not that I know anything... Im just a kid who applied there myself.</p>

<p>uc riverside 99.9%
uc irvine 80%
uc davis 99.9%
UCLA 50%
UC berkeley %30
USC 20%
UCSD 50%
uc santa barbra %90
SDSU (No idea)</p>

<p>Get a higher UC GPA and youu'll do better. I got pretty much the same SAT and im waiting for letters back. I probably didn't get into most of them but whatever... If you can take the march SAT and try to get at least 1900 and then next year take the october one and aim for 2100. Good luck guy.</p>

<p>I'm going to have to disagree with the above post:</p>

<p>For UC Irvine, Davis, and Santa Barbara, the guy has maybe 30% - 40% of getting accepted since the average GPA for those admitted were at 3.9 GPA which is the most important criteria in UC Admissions. Factor in the fact that all 3 of those schools are going to enroll less with 2 of them (Davis and Irvine) getting more applications from previous year, I'd be impressed if this guy does get accepted to the mid-tier UCs.</p>

<p>Birdkiller is right - at least with regards to Irvine and Davis.</p>

<p>Both Irvine and Davis received about 4% more applications than the previous year and will be accepting 12% and 8% (respectively) less than the previous year. UCI's acceptance rate for 2008 was about 48% and I could see that drop to about 40% for 2009. With the trends of both UCD and UCI, I expect that both schools' acceptance rate will continue drop in 2010 and beyond.</p>

<p>UCSD and UCLA 50%.... SB/I 90%.... and UCD practically 100%?!? I think collegekid gave this guy a little too much false hope</p>