Chance me at Purdue

<p>Hey people.</p>

<p>Chance me:</p>

<p>First of all, some things about me so you get an idea, if these will be suitable for me or now.</p>

<p>I'm an Indian student. I'm 17 year old now (March 2011) and I'll be completing my class XII (high school) in March 2012. So, I'm looking for a Sep 2012 intake.. I'm looking to apply somewhere around August 2011. So, my first question is can I do this? I mean, by the time I apply, my schooling wouldn't be complete.</p>

<p>Here are my class scores from last 3 years.
Class IX = 85%
Class X = 86%
Class XI = 79%</p>

<p>Also, I've been an active in badminton and have represented my school in numerous (50+) badminton tournaments, and won majority of them. I've played badminton at National level for 3 consecutive years..</p>

<p>Other than sports, I've been to other various competitions, and won them.</p>

<p>Next up is my SAT. It was pretty low: 1700. Should I take the SAT again?</p>

<p>Also, some people told me that TOEFL is required, some told only SAT is enough. So, should I take the TOEFL, too?</p>

<p>Also, I'm interested in Computer Sciences.</p>

<p>Hi GeekZu, </p>

<ol>
<li><p>Yes, apply in or around August of next year, the admissions committee will look at your grades and stats that you have already completed. If they need more information they will request that you send it as soon as you can complete it.</p></li>
<li><p>Although Badminton is relatively unknown in the States, it is important to show extracurriculars.</p></li>
<li><p>You should take the SATS again and see if you can improve that score. Remember, if you score lower, you do not have to send those scores.</p></li>
<li><p>I’m not international, but most if not all international students take the TOEFL because Purdue wants to know that you can speak/write in English. So I don’t know if it is required, but you should take it.</p></li>
<li><p>It is difficult to chance with this information, you didn’t mention GPA or grades, AP, etc.</p></li>
<li><p>International admissions is very very difficult and it is not uncommon to see extremely qualified individuals get denied because Purdue filled their International Quota. If Purdue filled all of the available slots with qualified International Students, there would be no room for those of us that live in the US and pay taxes to keep the schools running.</p></li>
</ol>