Chance me before I continue my application

Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for UM which is a dream/reach school for me. I’m a little bit under the requirements for the school but this is my dream school, and I’ve heard that they do accept a small amount of below requirement students to their school. I recently discovered I must file a CSS Profile form for this school. This is the only school of the 5 schools I’m applying for that requires this. It is a 25$ fee. Instead of wasting my money I wanted to know what are my chances on getting into this school. Here are my stats.

GPA: 3.49/4.0 (Weighted) 3.1/4.0 (Unweighted)
Class Rank: Top 25% (149/638)
SAT: 1600 (500 Math, 520 Reading, 580 Writing)
AP Classes: AP History, AP English (Junior Year) AP English (Senior Year)
Honors Classes: Honors English (Fresh/Soph), Honors Spanish 2 & 3 (Soph/Jun Year)
60+ hours community service
Activies: 1 year Baseball, 1 year Wrestling, 3 years Bowling, Spanish Club, Debate Club, School Newspaper Writer, DJ for School Functions, National Spanish Honor Society

Try to take the ACT, and see if it works better for you. My cousin got into UM for the spring and he got a similar SAT score but he took the ACT and got a 29. He was also in the top 25%. Your unweighted is a bit low. Can you improve a little before then?

Also make sure your college essay is amazing. Its good that you took AP and Honors classes… UM looks at that.

No time for ACT :frowning: not prepared and not a numbers person at all. My GPA will probably improve though.