Chance Me-Caltech EA, legacy, chem major

I think you are a FANTASTIC student - congrats on that.

I think Cal Tech is tough - well it’s obviously tough for all. What you have going against you is what you think you have going for you -

1. They are test blind - as are the UCs
  2. They don’t look at legacy - per the common data set and an article I read. But the CDS Section C9 confirms this.
  3. Being caucasian might help - I don’t know - but they “consider” race and Asian and Hispanic are by far the two biggest groups.

What’s UA - Alabama? So you’ll get into all your safeties. Some argue Wisconsin is tough OOS but I think you have it.

I would never call your Matches - that but I’ll concede Midd is likely - but again out of place. UNC, UVA, and Cornell are 100% not matches - not OOS for the two publics.

Why are you applying to Cal Tech? I ask this because almost all the rest of your list is very large and Cal Tech is tiny. Yes, you have a couple small - but it seems you want to go big.

You’ll get into a top name…or a great school (that many don’t consider a top name) for dirt cheap.

Win win either way.

Good luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.