chance me? confused.

<p>I was browsing US news top engineering schools in the country and I came across Purdue University ranked as #8. So I went on collegeboard.org and looked at its stats. To my amazement, the school is ridiculously easy (or it seems) to get into compared to other colleges similar in ranking...ESPECIALLY for such a high ranking engineering program! Is there some kind of catch or something that I'm not aware of for engineers admission wise? I plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering and my GPA is 3.5 UW and 3.91 W. My current SAT scores are math - 600, reading - 570, and writing 480 (improving those in oct). I have taken 4 AP classes and I'm taking another 4 during my senior year. I'm a out of state resident and I plan on getting an NROTC scholarship. What are my chances?</p>

<p>Engineering is Purdue’s most competetive school. I can tell you now that with that SAT score, you will probably be rejected from that school. Apply anywhere else in the school and your chances will be much better.</p>