Chance Me- ED1 class of 26

I am currently a senior who applied ED 1 to GW for class of 2026. Can someone chance me?

Stats-

• 94 GPA(weighted)

• Test optional

• 7 AP Classes(90+ grade in all)

• All honors but Spanish and one year of math

• Strong recommendations

• Strong personal essay/supplement

ECs:

• Newspaper

• Student Govt.

• Peer Aids(officer position)

• School Board Committee

• Interact Club

• Varsity Tennis(captain)

• National honors society

Extras:

• Selected by my principal to be one of the few people in my school to represent my school on the Erase Racism panal

• Community service- includes feed the poor, peer tutoring, playing tennis with kids who have special needs.

• Scholar athlete award recipient

• Have a job- currently work at the front desk of a tutoring place and was also a camp counselor

• Achieved high honor roll every quarter of school

I also participated in a GW mentorship program for 4 weeks. This program enabled me to work with admissions staff at GW and learn more about the school in a group session of about 6 kids. Current students also helped out.

I really hope I get in!

You will get in. Your GPA is solid, your ECs are solid and one of them was related to learning about the school and you applied ED.

The only thing that could be held against you is finances. GW is need aware which means they take finances into account so is let’s say you couldn’t afford a dollar and needed them to cover e everything, that unfortunately can derail students. But otherwise I think you are in.

1 Like

Money will not be an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.