Chance me Elliot

I want to go to school for International Relations/Politics of some sort so GW seems like the perfect fit with a dedicated school and being in DC.

SAT: 1470 (750/720)
SAT Subject: Taking In November expect 700+ on Math 2 and 750+ on US history
GPA (weighted): 96.12 with upward trend and all english and social studies exams 98+
GPA (unweighted): 94.5
Ranking: 82/510
I know this is low but my school doesn’t weight honors and AP’s very much 1.07 for AP’s and 1.04 for honors
APUSH-5 AP Comp-5 AP Chem-3
Senior yr: Accounting, AP Stats, Entrepreneurship, AP Lit, Business and Personal Law, Criminal Law, AP calc, AP Economics, AP Gov (Unfortunately AP Spanish didn’t fit my schedule otherwise I would have taken it)
Extracurricular:
Summer Camp Counselor: 40 hrs a week (Sr yr)
Martial Arts Instructor: 20 hrs a week during school yr (Sr yr)
Barn Manager 10 hrs a week (Fr, So,Jr yr)
National level Equestrian 40 hrs a week (Fr, So,Jr yr)
Model UN (Sr yr)
Masterminds (Sr yr)
Crossfit (All high school)
Meals on wheels (20 hrs)
Kicking for Miracles (Women and children’s hospital fundraiser)
Awards:
-AP Scholar
-Mastery Of Science
-Advanced Regents Diploma
-Gold Honor roll
-Multi time regional champion and national qualifier with arabian horses
Essay: Explains why I stopped riding horses and apparent sudden shift in passion and pretty emotional
Letters of recommendation: Should be good Pre-calc teacher who I had for two years and saw me work to go from a mediocre math student to top of the class and taking two AP maths this year. AP comp teacher who loved me and I was the only kid in the class to get a 5 on the AP exam and a 100 on the Common Core exam as well.
Additional Info: Caucasian, male, both parents went to cornell

Academics seem good, but i think it will come down to the essay as the EC’s had a shift.

Your prospects are good! I’d say your academics are superior to most, but your EC’s are maybe on the lower end of admitted Elliott students. But if nail your essay, if you tour, and maybe reach out to an admissions rep, and you’ll be in the hunt for sure.

Further, I say on all of these “chance me” posts: emphasize the work you’ve done related to your intended major. If you lack experience in the field, demonstrate passion and interest.

And finally… whatever you do… do NOT spell the name of The “Elliott” School incorrectly, as you did in this post. It is an error that literally can be fixed with the push of a button, and it reflects extremely poorly on your professionalism. Many admissions officers will roll their eyes and toss your application directly into the trash can if you can’t even bother to spell the name of your supposed dream school correctly. I am aware that my tone here is harsh: I want to make this point obvious and crystal clear to you and to all other prospective IA students at GW. “Elliot” is the first name of the protagonist in “Mr. Robot.” It is not the last name of the former president of GW: That would be “Elliott”. Get. This. Right!

Not harsh at all I appreciate the help and I it would drive me insane as well if I saw this kind of mistake. That being said I typed it on my phone and just went with autocorrect. I will obviously check and double check my final application and essay.