Chance me, fall 2023 transfer

Someone please chance me, i’m an external transfer coming from unt applying to tamu as a food science major with a 3.3 gpa and 18 credit hours with another 13 in progress. i’m currently finishing my last pre rec course and needed hours and im estimating that my gpa is going to be a 3.5 for the end of this semester.

You’ll either be denied or deferred. You don’t have the prereqs complete and don’t have the minimum 24 grades credits needed to apply. That’s 2 strikes against you. Your GPA is good but not a guarantee. The 3.5 will definitely help. Best bet is you’ll apply in fall for spring admission. You can always move to Aggieland and attend blinn for fall classes. That’ll help you with housing for a year vs semester.
Good luck. Keep us posted.

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation. It’s a shame if they don’t defer me because I’m most likely going to end the semester with a 3.75 GPA. I really hope they aren’t as strict this year.

I got deferred for spring grades! the only thing is im needing to drop a class bc theres no way im going to pass it. its not required for me to transfer and isnt even in my degree plan for the major im transferring into. i would still be sending in grades with over 24 hours and im estimating ill make a 4.0 this semester which will make my overall gpa a 3.5. would the W for this class that i need to drop hinder my final decision? this is my only W.

Ooh that’s a tough one. How many hours are you taking this semester?

i’ll have 10 hrs completed putting me at 28 hrs when i submit my final transcript

1 Like

If you have 10 hours this semester (after dropping the class) I honestly can’t say how they’ll view that. Have you called anyone in admissions to ask? I would drop it to keep that gpa intact but I am wondering if they’ll ding you for it since you have a light load this semester.

i called yesterday and they said they would take note of it but its not exactly a “red flag”

1 Like