Chance me for A&M

<p>I live in Houston and am Majoring in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1180 (CR:550 M:630")
2 good letters of recommendation
Class Rank: 111/834 (top 13%
AP Physics C, AP Calculus BC, AP English 3 and 4, AP World History, AP Government, AP US History
Race: African American
Applied in August but still waiting for admissions
Good essays
100 Volunteer hours
Work Expierience: Summer Helper for Cypress Fairbans School District
During the summer, I helped package free school supplies for the students who cannot afford it. I also packed school supplies for the homeless students in our district.
Extracurriculars:
9th -Freshman A Basketball Team
10th -Sophomore Basketball Team
11th -Varsity Cross Country
11th-Varsity Track
11th -Key Club (30 Hours)
12th -Varsity Cross Country
12th -Varsity Track
12th- Key Club
12th -Student Council Representative
12th -Science Olympiad</p>

<p>I’d say you should be a strong review candidate. Your SAT score is just slightly below the average for admitted students. Your rank is very good, but not good enough for auto admit (if possible, try and push up to top 10%.) You’re an underrepresented minority which is a plus for admission, and you look to have good ECs.</p>

<p>Didn’t you have a higher SAT score on your previous posts? Or was that in error? Are you looking to retake? I would - plus it could be worth more scholarship money (if you need more incentive to do it again!) if you score high enough - since there are some minority scholarships too. The review admits are very few so far, so you would not be wasting your time plus scores submitted up to Dec 1 are considered. You can’t change your rank due to the new cutoff, so your only factor you can work on is scores. I’d say your chances for admission as a review admit are good, but getting one of those engineering slots will be very competitive.</p>

<p>Error. sorry but I didn’t sign up for the November sat</p>

<p>Chris4ian, you’ve asked to be chanced previously… However, you posted your scores as 1230 with math as 660…</p>

<p>I know it was a mistake i added wrong sorry</p>