Chance me for admission

Planning to major in Chemical Engineering but if you guys can chance me for admission that would be great.
Here are my stats.

SAT: Composite: 1820
-Math: 700 CR: 570 W:550
ACT: Composite: 28 ( will retake)
-Math: 31 English/writing: 23
Unweighted GPA: 3.7
Weighted GPA: 4.08

Class Rank: Top 27%

AP Scores : Physics-3 APUSH-4
Senior course load: AP Stats, AB Calc, AP Chem, AP Gov, AP Economics, English

Academic awards: Academic Achievement in Chemistry
Job/Work Experience: Cashier/Delivery driver for Chinese restaurant, planning on having another job
Volunteer/Community Service: 40 hours (planning on doing another 25), Volunteered at numerous elementary schools and carnivals
Extracurriculars: Student Council Recycling(1 year), Society of Future Engineers ( 1 year ), Science National Honor Society (2 years), NHS (2 years), Out of school Basketball league (3 years)
Essays: Mediocre
Teacher Recommendations: planning on getting 2
Counselor Rec: planning on getting 1

I can’t tell you your chances except to say that only 10 percent or so of admits come from outside the top quarter of their class (and that includes the Galveston campus since the Common Data Set includes that campus) page 9 of link below.

To be among those ten percent, you want to have very good test scores or extra curriculars, etc.

Your Math scores are good but you need to get your reading scores up. I would try to get a test score in the range or better of what is required for academic admits.

Why would you have mediocre essays? Why not have great essays? You are going to the trouble to retest. Go to the trouble to write good or great essays, too.

I always think if you are not an academic admit you should have a safety lined up. You may be offered Blinn Team. Read about whether that appeals to you.

http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student/files/CDS_2014-2015.aspx