-humanities tutor 20+ hr
-Reuben H. Fleet Science Center Volunteering 100hr
-Algebra tutoring 15+ hr/paid tutor</p>

<p>Extracurriculars
-weightlifting/gymnastics
-guitar 10 years
-drums 11 years</p>

<p>Essay out of 10: 9/10</p>

<p>All UC’s are a reach except UCR/UCM and possibly UCSC due to GPA. Test scores and EC’s look great unfortunately GPA is heavily weighted for UC’s. Do you have good explanation for your low gpa? Looking over your stats, your GPA doesn’t seem to be a good representation of your potential. Admissions may give you the benefit of doubt and accept you but you need to have some good backups in the Cal states.</p>

<p>Yes, I am including my explanation of my low GPA in my personal statement. I have had my essay edited by an admissions officer. It is about domestic violence.</p>

<p>Your CSU/UC GPA would help. Most students drops .2 to .5 because they exclude PE, cap your AP bonus points etc Use this to calculate yours. <a href=“Cal State Apply | CSU”>Cal State Apply | CSU; </p>

<p>A UC GPA below 3.0 technically disqualifies you from admission. I think all the UCs are going to be a reach for you. It could happen, especially if you are first generation to go to college and tell a compelling story. I encourage you to apply to a few because it does happen.</p>

<p>Assuming you’ve completed your a-g requirements, you are a great candidate for many of the CSUs - I guestimate your CSU Index at 3700. Read how to calculate your actual index here: <a href=“Cal State Apply | CSU”>Cal State Apply | CSU;
That will keep you out of SLO and SDSU, makes you borderline for most majors at Long Beach and Fullerton, gets you into most majors at Cal Poly Pomona, Chico, Northridge, Sonoma, Sac and the rest.</p>

<p>Clearly you’ve got a lot of potential, and the CSU schools available to you will provide a quality education.</p>

<p>good luck.</p>