Chance me for bama/nursing

<p>I have already applied to bama. My Gpa is a 4.13 and I have a 27 on the act and an 1810 on the sat. Will take the act again in october, trying to pull the 30. </p>

<p>I think I will be accepted. Do I have a possibility of the honors college if I can pull the act to a 30. Also, does anyone know how competitive the nursing college is and also if anyone has heard any info or knows about the nursing program? Im also interested in finding out about the nearby hospitals that are available for internships.</p>

<p>Hi and welcome!</p>

<p>All you need is an ACT 28 (or SAT equivalent 1250??) to be assured of admittance into the Honors College. So, good luck!!! :)</p>

<p>*Also, does anyone know how competitive the nursing college is and also if anyone has heard any info or knows about the nursing program? Im also interested in finding out about the nearby hospitals that are available for internships. *</p>

<p>If you get good grades, then you shouldn’t worry. This is how pre-nursing/pre-med/etc works…many kids declare that they’re pre-X as frosh, but then after a couple of semesters, some see that they’re not cut out for the chemistry/Ochem/etc classes and change majors. (these are typically kids who had lowish ACTs and/or weren’t academically-focused.) Those who have strong grades continue on and are usually successful. :)</p>

<p>If you can score an ACT 28 (or more), you very likely have what it takes to get the grades needed to succeed in nursing. The ACT is a very good predictor for pre-health majors.</p>

<p>There is a medical center (hospital) right across the street from the new Nursing building… :)</p>

<p>I have a 28 superscored, unfortunately they dont superscore. Thank you so much for your input. Have you heard good things about Bama nursing and also, the nursing facility is on the big campus.???</p>

<p>The School of Nursing bldg is beautiful. It sits, at what I would call, the beginning of campus and reminds me of a big Southern home saying “Welcome, you’re here”.
My daughter has a friend that’s a Soph in the Nursing program. She loves it! I hear that the equipment, facilities, etc are top-notch! Goodluck.</p>

<p>Yes, the Capstone College of Nursing sits on the east side of campus…and the hospital is across the street. </p>

<p>The College of Nursing is awesome from what we’ve heard and read about.</p>

<p>Maybe someone here can clarify. I think (I could be wrong), but during the “pre-nursing years” (frosh/soph), you’re spending most/all of your time in main part of campus doing your pre-reqs and Core Curriculum. Then, as a junior and senior, you’re spending most your time in the Col of Nursing building doing your clinicals.</p>

<p>An ACT 27 is fine for nursing. I was was really pushing the 28+ so that you can be in honors and perhaps get more scholarship money. :)</p>

<p>Thanx for the help, I really appreciate it. Trying to decide between uf, fsu and bama. Alot to think about right now. Im putting my all into the act.</p>

<p>Good luck on the ACT…and take the SAT as well!!! </p>

<p>I see that you’re from Florida and you’re applying to a lot of schools in hopes of getting some merit scholarships. Once you have your scores, you probably can narrow your list down since some on your list don’t give much without very high scores.</p>

<p>Do you and a parent share the same CC acct? On another thread, it sounds like a parent is trying to determine EFC. </p>

<p>Find out how much your family will pay each year.</p>

<p>Yes we do. This is MOM!!! EFC is 40+, so merit is the way to go for us. Pulling a 30 would be nice. I love this school for her but I think that her heart is set on UF and her heart might get broken. We hope to find out if she is admitted this week !!!</p>

<p>I planned on going to UF for a while… but in the end, I decided that if I couldn’t stand the Gator fans down in my area, I wouldn’t be able to stand them in Gainesville, either. :D</p>