Chance me for Bennett College for Women, please! :)

<p>Hello all!
I am looking to transfer next year(Fall 2014) to various 4 year universities, one of which is Bennett College for Women in Greensboro, NC. My stats are:
22 year old AA female
Single Parent
49 credit hours from current community college
33 credits from previous community college (I dropped out in 2010 and entered current cc in 2012)
3.3 GPA
HS GPA was 3.383 (UW) AND 3.758 (W)
My highest ACT score was a 22
ACT English-28
ACT Math-15
ACT Reading-29
ACT Science-16</p>

<p>I don't think that those stats matter as much as my current stats, since I plan to transfer with an Associate of Arts. I will also be applying as an OOS student(I live in South Carolina). What are my chances? I plan to bring my GPA us as well. I want to double major in Social Work and minor in Africana Women's Studies(AWS), or major in Social Work and double minor in Spanish an AWS.</p>

<p>I hear that Bennett is not overly competitive. Spellman is ‘the’ female college for blacks. A and T also is more competitive.
I don’t think you’d have a problem getting into Bennett. Great history the school has, but it has lost ground academically over the years in getting high achieving students who have lots of options.
Just curious: why Bennett over A and T (right near Bennett) or Spellman (also single gender)?
HSgrad</p>

<p>I am looking into A and T as well. What do you think my chances are for that college? The reason why I didn’t look into Spelman is because the college doesn’t offer a major in Social Work, which is what I want to study. I have heard, however, that Spelman is THE college for African American women who want to attend an HBCU.</p>

<p>AJ1990-My younger D is biracial and is already looking at colleges because her 6-12 school does college and career readiness through all the grades. We have been fortunate enough to have met several Bennett alums, and that is her “top pick” right now, although she’s only in 8th grade. My H also did an interview a few years back with Dr. Malveaux, the former president. Everyone we’ve met has been effusive in with positives about their time at Bennett, from the closeness they developed with peers to the academics. </p>

<p>What you might not know is that at Bennett, you can take classes at A & T, Greensboro and a couple of other colleges which are part of a consortium. You have the class catalogs of all of them to choose from. Spelman, Moorehouse and Clark-Atlanta do this too, so you might check if you can do Social Work through one of the the others besides Spelman. </p>

<p>You also probably know that Spelman is one of the most selective of the HBCU’s. You probably have a better shot at A & T or Bennett for that reason. We’ve found that everyone we’ve talked to at any of the HBCU’s is more than willing to talk with prospective students and answer any questions. Spelman can be a little…full of itself though. Good luck to you.</p>