Chance Me for BS (although its too late)

Hello! Korean American female here :slight_smile:
(bilingual - English and Korean

I applied to some “HADES” schools, and wondering if you guys could chance me! I don’t have as amazing records as other students here tho…

I’m in 8th grade, applying for 9th.

SSAT score : 99th percentile, V-797, M-800, R-779

Music:
Piano- 8 years, some national/international competition awards, invited to play in festivals, etc. Played in Carnegie Hall, Accompany church and school, as well as special performances
Oboe- 1 year (yes, I started very recently) Youngest member in local youth symphony orchestra, awarded a scholarship, 2nd chair in districts, sadly couldn’t go to regionals due to age. First chair in audition-selection wind ensemble.

Essays:
Peaceful Unification National Essay Contest Honorable Mention
National Korean Essay Contest 2nd Place
Patriots Pen Post

Quizzes:
Golden Bell Competition 2nd
Spelling Bee advanced up to State Level
MathCounts Captain - First in school, 17th in region (yea… not that great)

School:
Clubs - MathCounts, FPS
Gifted Program
DIstinguished Honor Roll
I have all 100’s and a few 99’s and 98’s, from 6th - 8th. I also take Honors Geometry and am studying Algebra 2 on my own.

Community Service:
Tutoring children in English and Korean

Legacy: I do not have a legacy, but an alumni : My sister attends one of the “HADES”.

Interviews: I think I really clicked with all of my interviewers, although I might have panicked on a few questions. We had pretty lengthy interviews, around an hour for all of them.

Essays: I consider essays as my weakest spot, so I’m worried. It’s not bad, but I don’t think it’s that good either. (same with short responses)

Recommendations: I have great relationships with my teachers, and many offered to write the extra ones for me, so I think it’s fine for me to not worry about this.

2 Likes

@skieurope can you move to BS?

Done

2 Likes

Your “stats” and extracurriculars would say otherwise. I don’t know how much better you could get with almost perfect SSAT scores, straight As, national awards, etc!

I’m not sure if you only applied to “some” of the five schools in the HADES acronym or others, but sounds like you would be an amazing addition to one of their communities! Hoping for the best for you on March 10!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

DAMN. I think you’ll have a very high chance to get into at least one if not more.

I have an update!

I’ll have to be honest, I only applied to Deerfield and Andover… yea not such a good decision. But I got my results this morning.

I got rejected by Deerfield, but accepted into Andover!!

5 Likes

and if anyone was curious, I did apply for financial aid.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.