Chance me for CA schools please?

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>GPA: 3.89 (UW) 4.1 (W)
SAT: 1820 (I know they sucked but let’s face the reality. Still waiting for Dec score, may probably be able to bring up to a 1900-2000)
CR+Math=1250
Class Rank: 12/638
AP: 5 APs, one 4 and four 5s.
Hooks: 1st generation, came to the U.S for only 3 years, trilingual.</p>

<p>EC’s
-3 years private tutor (paid job)
-2 years school tutor, V.P of Educator Academy
-Went overseas and taught in Hong Kong over the summer.
-2 years, Service Club’s Treasurer
-Student exchange in England over the summer
-2 years of tennis, was team captain, but had to quit due to injuries on arms.</p>

<p>Honor:
-High Honor Roll all 3 years
-Essay was published
-Athlete Award</p>

<p>Rec: Very good rec. from employer and teachers
Letter: Solid, wouldn’t say it’s the best but I have showed to some of the admission officers and they liked them. One of them talked about my passion toward History, Education, and how I wanted to be a change maker. The other one was about my transition from another country to the U.S. How I was being bullied because of being different, and how I got out of it feeling I’m unique and extraordinary.</p>

<p>Schools:
UCB
UCLA
UCSD
UCI
UCSB
USC <- My dream school :frowning:
Pepperdine
U of San Francisco
U of San Diego
Boston Univ
Univ of Michigan
Stanford (I know is a little unrealistic for me, but I’m just trying for the heck of it)</p>

<p>Major: History/ Education/ Philosophy
A lot of my ECs are education-related. I’m really dedicated into Education and have been preparing myself for the past few years towards my passion and goal.</p>

<p>UC GPA?
<a href=“GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub”>http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>SAT will hurt you for UCB/UCLA/UCSD/USC all reaches.
UCI/UCSB: High Match/Low Reach
Stanford: High Reach
Pepperdine/USF/USD: Match</p>

<p>Others???</p>

<p>My UC gpa is 3.86/4.00
I have applied to several cal states schools as my back up as well.
I’m just wondering how much my SAT will hurt me :frowning: btw I heard from UC admission saying that the competitiveness of your high school, and your major choices will also affect acceptance. (Humanities majors are eaiser to get in? Compared to like engineering?) is that true?</p>

<p>I believe STEM majors are more competitive at all the UCs - so the bar is lower for Humanities but, your stats are still light for all the UCs you list. UCSB could happen. First gen college and/or a compelling story might make all the difference. Based on your class rank, you are probably Eligible in Local Context (ELC) so, you may be invited to UCM - which is worth a serious look.</p>

<p>I read somewhere that Stanford turns away 10x the 4.0 students than they accept. So, like all Stanford applicants, your chances are slim.</p>

<p>You will probably be admitted to Pepperdine, USD and USF. </p>

<p>You will probably also get into every CSU except Cal Poly SLO.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This is not completely true. Majors are hard to get in to if they are impacted majors. Haas (business) at Berkeley, Sociology at Berkeley and UCLA, Theatre at UCLA, Economics at some campuses are some non-STEM examples of majors that may be more difficult to gain admission, whereas S&M of STEM are not generally impacted and are not much more difficult to gain admission. As a rule, the college of engineering is impacted and has a higher admissions bar. So perhaps, “Compared to like [sic] engineering” some (but perhaps not ALL) humanities are easier to gain admission.</p>

<p>USC has become more SAT score conscious over the past 10 years, so that is a toss-up. It may be worth asking for an appointment to speak with someone in admissions (if they do that). Hopefully, your December SAT will render that moot.</p>