Chance me for CC?

I applied Early Decision 1 to Colorado College.

Caucasian female, interested in International Poly Sci
From a highly ranked public HS in Oregon. First two years of HS, however, at a tiny, low-ranked high school in California.

GPA 3.83 Weighted

SAT 2210 (math-690 reading-790 writing-730) an issue here is my SAT essay was a 6. oops.
ACT 33 (math-29 science-32 english-35 reading-36 writing-33)

Essays- good (but everyone says that) about experience abroad, immigration.

ECs are probably my weakest link. Scattered at best.

Sports (snowboarding team for one year, track for three years, cross-country for two years. Varsity everything.)
Clubs (French club for two years, Gay-Straight Alliance for two, ultimate frisbee club, new students club for one)
Outdoor leadership ( Outward Bound backpacking and rafting courses, three summers for three weeks)

Teacher rec’s are good enough, I switched high schools once and I also spent a year abroad. Have a third teacher rec from a teacher I had in Spain, and he speaks about my achievement in a Spanish High School.

Does CC look at SAT essay score? if so, that’s not that great. I submitted both ACT and SAT scores and selected flexible Testing policy. I also indicated I was willing to do Winter Start. I was told this could help my chances.

Thanks in advance if anyone takes the time to read this :slight_smile:

Test Scores - you are actually in the top 25% of enrolled students from the last few classes, so you are good there.

GPA - hard to tell. It depends alot on how many AP were available and how many you took. CC looks for rigor in class choices.

Essays - This is the key to CC. If you google to class stats for the past few years, it seems like everyone who applies has a 2100 SAT / 28 ACT, and is in the top 10% of their class. It is crazy how many people you meet at CC who were #1 or #2 in their class. So the essay is your chance to distinguish yourself. Not so much the bland COmmon App essay but the CC supplemental essays.

ED1 - That is the smartest thing you could do. CC loves the idea of people who understand us well enough to want to make the commitment. I applied ED and am starting Block 4 on my freshman year. So far, my decision to go ED was the smartest thing I have ever done.