Chance Me for Engineering School

Hi! I want to know my chances for getting into engineering at A&M. My top ACT is a 25, my top SAT is a 1200, my weighted GPA is a 3.58. I know getting into engineering is a long shot so I planned on doing business instead but I’ve heard business is getting to be just as difficult to get into. TAMU is my number 1 and I want to do everything I can to get in so I don’t want to sabotage myself by applying as a engineering major. Please let me know if you have any feedback that can help!

@confusedtx

What is your class rank? That matters more than your GPA.

Engineering and Business are mutually exclusive majors.

If you apply for Mays, you will be taken in due to rolling admissions (and thus will be unable to apply to Engineering).

If you apply for engineering, you will have to wait until January for the decision (and Mays will be filled up by then).

My school doesn’t rank except in top 10% and I’m not in top 10%. I also have a pretty good amout of extracuriculars. Which do you think would be a better option for me?

@confusedtx

You are a review admit then (because your SAT is also too low).

You are honestly in a very tight spot.

Review admit usually takes much longer (and I think Mays could be capped by then). You probably need to call or email your local admissions guide.

My son applied Oct 1 and sent his transcript via AIS Oct 5 but transcript still hasnt updated but says has been recieved. Hes applying to the engineering school, im afraid it wont be processed before the deadline of Oct 15 or does it matter since it shows recieved but not processed yet? He is in the top 4.5% of his class, Hispanic Merit Scholar, SAT 1290 with a math score of 660 all AP, IB and dual credit classes. Do you think he has a good chance of getting admitted?