Chance me for Exeter Andover Choate

(This is a repost, I only got 2-3 short replies last time I posted this a couple of months ago. I am hoping to get some extra opinions ahead of M10, esp because the forum is much more active now. Thanks!)

Hello, I am applying to these three schools are a 10th grade transfer from california bay area.
abt me:

• already going to good/slightly prestigious school in my area, so only applying to the best schools because I wouldnt consider it worth moving for not best schools
  • Main driving force for applying is for harkness/harkness-like method of teaching, really enjoy discussing and learning as a class. I made this known in interviews and apps.
  • Also, I wrote an essay about why I really want to go to the schools in the preliminary (put in additional information, where they asked if they was anything else I want them to know) because I was afraid I wouldnt get a chance to explain why Im so interested, now Im thinking they will reject me because I put something out of place. Pl let me know what you think of this.

ECs:

Im not very good in this section, looking at others they have all state math and stuff but here it is:

• Golf is my main sport, 7 handicap
  • Cross country as a 3rd sport, placed top 8 in county last year
  • basketball used to be my first sport, Played for AAU Oakland Soldiers, one of the best programs in the country, but got severely injured a year ago and still recovering so switching to golf for now. (wrote an essay about injury and how it transformed me as a person/student)
  • Love math, but by only out of school thing for that is a tutoring where I’m learning calculus and participating in stanford math circle
  • Boy scout for 7 years, 100+ community service hours
  • Founded/working on some businesses, one selling personal finance courses to young adults, one dropshipping soccer jerseys during the world cup to capitalize on demand, and one using artificial intelligence APIs to create a service selling search engine optimization services to small businesses with just AI
  • Debate, member of school’s reigning state championship team. I recently won a tournament in my event (high school varsity). This tournament was in the Bay Area CFL circuit, which is known as the most difficult and competitive local circuit in the country.
  • lots of clubs at school, founding a sports analytics club and history club, and member of entrepreneurship , investing, and business club, also wrote essays for Harvard and Berkley Econ writing comps
  • won a investing competition against 90 high schools students all ages, used a distinct strategy
  • v interested in robotics, etc
  • fluent hindi and english, some mandarin, some Spanish, want to take Latin and said this
  • wrote an algorithm using logarithms, exponents, and limits to determine the intangible value of NBA players, nothing like this exists, I’m proud of it
  • was head of leadership (class president) in 7th and 8th grade
  • student rep this year
  • write for sports in newspaper
  • good with Python

Stats/facts:

• All As in high school in Geo H, Bio H, English Acc, Spanish 1, Drama, and religion (school doesnt give A+)
  • 7th and 8th grade I was less motivated and very busy with basketball, so had some A-
  • 9, 9, 8, 9 ISEE, messed up on reading comp
  • No Financial aid needed
  • minority, but overrepresented

I’m really nervous and I really want this, please let me know what you think! Thank you! Also, excuse my grammar, I typed this in like 5 minutes without reading over it again.

You have a very good chance. Impressive resume. It also helps that you don’t need financial aid. Good luck!

Take a deep breath - you will know soon enough. Good luck!

Thank you!

That’s true. Thanks for your reply!

yea to echo others, you seem like a super passionate student which really helps! also, if you’re applying as a 10th grader and get into andover, feel free to reach out to me with any questions as you would be joining my grade! good luck!

Setup a Fedex account. If Exeter accepted you, a package should have been sent out and you can see it on your Fedex account.

Do I just create any account with my name and address? Will it automatically show up?

Thanks! Will do, if I get in

1 Like

Do you see “label printed” or is it actually sent out?