AP Calc BC: not out yet
AP Bio: not out yet
AP Environmental Science: not out yet
AP Physics C: Mechanics: not out yet

Will have 3 total dual enrollment classes:
US Government: A
English Composition: taking this summer
Public Speaking: taking this summer

First award in the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science 2023 and 2019 at the regional level, first award at the state level both years as well. Second award in 2018, 2020, 2021, and 2022 at the regional level. Various awards through my equestrian competitions.

11 years of equestrian experience, work experience since 16 (team member at Panera Bread and a Stable Hand at a local barn), in NHS, have completed volunteer hours through my local equestrian program.

EFC of around 23K, not sure if this is taken into consideration

Visited Wake twice, absolutely love campus and the school itself. The school is my absolute DREAM and I felt so at home during each visit. Also got to meet with the equestrian coach and one of the team captains to talk about Wake and get familiar with the barn. Have been interactive w my regional admissions counselor and have already sent in a LOCI. Just wanted to get an idea of how realistic getting off the waitlist is at Wake as there is not much information out about their waitlist process/stats.

hi! fellow senior here.

there’s honestly no way to predict getting off a waitlist, it’s even more unpredictable than college admissions. colleges fill waitlist spots in for a number of reasons. the way they choose targets so many areas. for example, lack of a certain major, lack of people from a particular region, lack of first gen applicants, etc. there are so so many factors outside of your control especially during the waitlist process so there is honestly no way to know. along with that, getting off a waitlist these days is super slim. I know this isn’t what u wanna hear and I’m in the same boat as you, but your best bet is to just love the school you’re committed to right now and try not to obsess over something that isn’t in your control.

3 Likes

A waitlist is a rejection but a hedge for the school. Meaning they have it to protect themselves in case their yield isn’t as expected.

So that makes chances anywhere - especially privates - not great. But they don’t publish WL data so it’s hard to know about them.

But most privates have larger waitlists than they admit. Think about that. Some put 20%+ of all applicants on the WL.

Some are need aware, not blind on the WL. I can’t tell if Wake is. If they are aware, they wouldn’t choose you.

Here’s their latest update.

Hopefully you found a wonderful school for you. If WFU happens, then great. But if not I’m sure you have another great opportunity. Run with it.

1 Like

If that is your name, you can cahnge your username

2 Likes

Wake is need aware in the admissions process. They pledge to meet the full amount of demonstrated financial need for accepted students. But they don’t have the super deep pockets like the tippy-top universities generally do, so the reality is that they cannot provide financial aid to all the students they may want to. They are only going to accept a student if they can provide the amount of financial aid needed, since they pledge to meet demonstrated need. So at this point, it is highly likely that all financial aid has been allocated and that only full-pay students would be pulled from the waitlist.

5 Likes

Difficult for me to understand why you were waitlisted at WFU.

I, too, fell in love with WFU (a long time ago) as a visiting student during the summer.

What are your other options ?

To which other schools did you apply ?

1 Like

I’m curious if you submitted your ACT score? That might have negatively impacted your application.

i did submit, my initial application was test optional though

that makes me feel a littler better at least, lol. it was tough news to hear

as of right now i’m going to west virginia university because i’m going for forensic chemistry there, and not many top schools offer that

i applied to many others: university of new haven (accepted), texas a&m (accepted), towson (accepted), chaminade university of honolulu (accepted), penn state main (accepted), loyola chicago (accepted), duquesne (accepted), upenn (rejected), harvard (deferred then rejected), mit (rejected), stanford (rejected), brown (rejected)

i was able to apply to as many schools as i wanted as my district covers all application fees for all students

1 Like

thank you for this! my parents were actually wondering if this might have been a significant factor in being waitlisted and not accepted because after using the net price calculator, i was projected to receive a $55k grant from wake so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Unfortunately one will never know why they are rejected.

WVU is a fine school.

Enjoy, work hard and prosper.

thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.