Chance Me! (for Holy Cross)

Hi,
I recently applied to Holy Cross Early Decision 1
What are my chances with these stats:
3.3 UW (ik underwhelming :(, Started poorly with a 2.89 freshman year but recently in junior year had a 3.7)
1330 SAT (submitted)
5 APs up until now
3 Honors
Latin Honor Society
Student ambassador
2 varsity sports a year
tons of community service
Started flag football league
Secondary legacy (Grandfather attended)
Please leave opinions - thanks

Do you know your rank ? Looking at the profile Iā€™d say itā€™s gonna be tough.

Good luck.

2 Likes

A couple of thingsā€¦

1- Had your grandfather been active with the school?

2- Are you at a parochial school that has a strong relationship with HC? Crazy hunch with Latin honor society.

3- Your upward GPA trajectory will help. Keep it up in case you get deferred.

4- HC cares about community service keep it up. Hopefully you highlighted it and or mentioned in LORs.

You have a decent shot if you have displayed ā€œbody, mind, and spiritā€. Schools like HC arenā€™t like big state schools that are entirely stats driven. Your application will be read in its entirety and your candidacy considered for ā€œfitā€. Hopefully you conveyed ā€œwhyā€ in a compelling and informed way.

Now stop wasting time here and go studyšŸ˜€

Good luck.

Thanks for your feedback . As for your questions, I attend a private school that has in the past had a really good relationship with HC. As for my grandfather, I couldnā€™t tell you. All i know is that he loved HC. Iā€™ll keep you updated :+1:

2 Likes

I think you have a good shot, HC LOVES ED applicants (I think the admit rate for ED is around 75%).

Your SAT score is right in line and your GPA shows a great upward trend. They are also big on Athletics and community service for ECs. Just make sure you have really good first semester grades, Iā€™m sure they will ask for them

2 Likes

Reach.

1 Like

Any updates?

1 Like

Nothing yet (believe decisions come out next week). Getting very nervous but hopefully it all turns out well :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

I have no intel on your chances but wish you good luck!

3 Likes

checking inā€¦any update

Hi! Thanks everyone for your helpful responses. Just updating you guys that I got accepted! Holy Cross 2027 :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Huge congratulations to you on HC ED1. Your 4.3 weighted gpa (mentioned in another post) to cap off phenomenal upward trend from a shaky freshman year start, is really impressive. Best of luck at Holy Cross. Itā€™s an amazing school.

3 Likes

Thank you! Very excited for the fall !