Chance me for LACs and other schools! (updated & hopefully finalized list)

According to the Lehigh newspaper, the acceptance rate was 36% for this cycle. Acceptance rate decreases for class of 2026 - The Brown and White

2 Likes

really appreciate your chancing btw!! it made it super clear for me which I highly appreciate. hopefully I’ll get my sat up so a couple of the low probs will go to a toss up :))

2 Likes

Not sure where CB has gone wrong but the last 3 years of overall acceptance rates at Lehigh were 36% Class of 2026, 46% Class of 2025, and 49.5% Class of 2024.

Villanova last 3 years acceptance rates: 23% Class of 2026, 25% Class of 2025, 30.7% Class of 2024.

Best to use CDS’s or the schools’ websites, rather than third party aggregators, for accurate data. MWolf separating out the RD rate makes sense where we have the data, as we likely know which round OP is applying for which school.

3 Likes

That is super interesting and rather depressing about CB’s data aggregating as I would have expected better of them. When doing deeper research or looking up schools that aren’t the usual suspects, I will refer to the CDS of the particular college, or one of the feds’ websites (College Scorecard or Navigator). And College Navigator does have 46% for Lehigh’s class of 2025 (source) and 25% for Villanova’s class of 2025 (source). Bryn Mawr’s came in at 39% (source) and Fordham at 58% (source).

Based off the fed data (i.e. CDS) admit rates (and that OP’s scores are right in line with the 25/75 ranges of these schools, several classifications would change:

Fordham → Toss-Up/closing in on Likely (with OP’s ECs, I’d probably give the bump into Likely)
Bryn Mawr → Moved close enough to Toss-Up that I’d give the bump into that category due to OP’s ECs
Lehigh → Toss-Up
Villanova → Staying in Low Probability

I’ve edited my earlier post to reflect the changes.

4 Likes

Are Irvine and Davis your actual favorite UCs? I am super jealous of anybody who has the UCs as their instate options, because they are all excellent. If I were in your shoes, the UCs would be my top choices, with maybe a few super low-probability schools thrown in just for fun…but even if I got in, I would still probably choose a UC. The UCs are known and admired around the world for quality, and what a bargain in state! I would choose a UC over Villanova, Fordham, Lehigh, Northeastern or any of the other publics you listed any day. You are very lucky.

3 Likes

I have seen other errors on the College Board’s data about colleges, such as:

• AP credit listings for a college that do not match those on the college’s web site.
  • CSS Profile policies for a college that do not match those on the college’s web site.

The College Board information is more reliable when it is for something directly from the College Board (e.g. SAT or AP tests) rather than the College Board relaying something that someone else said (like a college’s policy on AP credit).

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t have huge favorites, but the closest to a “favorite” would be Berkeley or santa cruz (two super different schools, tbh). I just don’t really like thinking ab the UCs bc of their super unpredictable nature – even though any UC would be good for my dual enrollment credits and future. I also got put into the UC school guarantee thing - have no clue what it is called - which is why I’m not wasting application fees to apply to Merced or riverside!

1 Like

Probably one of these:

Both depend on the recalculated-for-UC HS GPA.

In recent years, students with either guarantee who were not admitted to a UC they applied to got offers from Merced.

2 Likes

UMass will give this student their highest out of state merit award. She can expect at least 16K/yr for 4 yrs in merit aid, maybe more.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.