Chance me for Macaulay at City and Wise at Stonybrook

Demographics

• US domestic *US citizen
  • State/Location of residency: *(New York)
  • Type of high school (current college for transfers): private religious school
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity : white female
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.): not really any other than being a woman in stem which I am not sure really helps

Intended Major(s)
Chemical engineering

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: around 3.8-4.0
  • Class Rank: my school doesn’t rank but I’m definitely in the top 5-10% of my class
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 1460 SAT (770 math and 690 reading)

Coursework
All honors and APs and the hardest courses my school offers
Ap bio - 4, apush 4, ap world 4, stats (online course) 4
Currently taking- ap calc bc, ap physics 1, ap us gov
I also took engineering or robotics for my electives whenever I could

Awards
National Honors Society, ap scholar with honor, Principal’s honor roll, cpr certified

Extracurriculars
I worked at local day camps for a bunch of summers, I volunteer at a special needs school, I run youth groups through local organizations, I am captain of an academic team, I was part of e2k science and math, I am part of my school’s newspaper, I also did a few things only my school offers like an independent learning thingy and I started a creative writing publication in 11th grade

Essays/LORs/Other
My essays are pretty strong or at least somewhat better than average
My LOR are coming from my foreign language teacher and calc teacher (who’s known for writing some of the best reccomendations in my school)

Cost Constraints / Budget
I spoke to my parents and they said that we generally don’t qualify for any financial aid

Schools
I’m applying to a bunch of school but the 2 main ones I hope to get into are the macaulay honors program at city college and the wise program at stonybrook

In at both colleges. Likely Honors at CUNY and leaning 51/49 at Stony Brook. You’re a compelling student and would have wonderful opportunities elsewhere as well should you choose (ie huge merit scholarships).

Wishing you luck on these two programs.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.