Chance me for Michigan State and UMich and ED1 Emory [3.75 UW, TO, business]

I dont know what the format is and the info i need to provide, so i am just putting what comes to mind

Unweighted gpa: 3.75
Class rank: top 10%
SAT: Test optional
Courses: 9 ap classes and a few honor classes
I also have an upward grade trend
Major: business (supply chain management, finance, economic)
Extracurricular (in the order i listed on common app): helping out at my parents restaurant, local law/business intern, a community service activity, a virtual business intern, community service activity, leadership camp, student gov (member), a community service activity

I would be glad to provide any further info, and again, im new to this. Thanks for all input

I assume you are in state Michigan. If had to guess and that’s all it is, yes to state and no to the other two.

And if I wanted supply chain, it would be my top choice of the three anyway - by far.

I assume Emory is affordable ? Oxford would give you a better chance but still unlikely. And for supply chain, horrible value vs state.

My son lives with a state supply chain major. They both graduated in May. She had ‘tons’ of offers. It’s very well thought of in supply chain.

Ps if your school is private - then better advice will come from the counselor. 3.75 and top 10% don’t necessarily mix at a public.

We are low income and emory offers a lot of aid for our income range. My school is public btw.

1 Like

and yes I have also selected Emory’s oxford campus. I plan to major finance there

1 Like

Do you want to do finance or supply chain ? I think finance is a better major - just my opinion. Any major can work in supply chain although it’s a very employable major.

I think you’ll struggle at the first two admission wise but low income can help. TO won’t as Emory has a high but not ultra high test submission rate. Also if you get into Oxford you have to re apply for business after two years. You may want to ask the acceptance ‘odds’ in regards to if you want finance, you may decide Oxford isn’t for you and uncheck the Oxford box which lowers your chances but no point in studying something you don’t want. Econ isn’t finance.

And again, it’s just a guess as are all chance mes. The schools will decide.

Best of luck to you. If you end up at State it’s a fine school with fine placement !!!

1 Like

I will do supply chain if I end up at MSU, but finance if UMich or Emory. I also applied to some liberal arts so thats why I put econ. Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

So many LACs today meet need. If you haven’t run calculators on schools like Franklin and Marshall, Lafayette, Denison, Kenyon, St Olaf and more do so…maybe they’d come in nice for you. Some are less competitive than others but need aware but none are easy admits. But Michigan and low income could help.

Good luck. Sounds like you have bases covered !!

I forgot to say that our income bracket is around 55k. I am also asian and first generation.

Low income and at some Michigan (geo diversity) will help.

You can check in each schools common data set if it will.

Schools can no longer consider ethnicity from a box check. Only if you place it in another way like an essay.

But at Emory, over 20% Asian, not a help.

Good luck.

MSU Announces Spartan Tuition Advantage – Department of Theatre.

These will be your most cost effective and both great programs. You will have many job offers from both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.