Chance me for OOS TAMU please!!!

Here are my stats so far, i am in my junior year in one of the top public schools in Pennsylvania. If you guys could tell me thing that would increase my chances from here on out, like applying early in August and stuff like that, much appreciated.

I Intend on becoming a finance major

Sat: 1850 (1900 superscore) 600 Math; 630 CR

GPA: 3.95 weighted (my school only offers weighted)

extracurriculars: Ultimate Frisbee team (school), NASA Hunch Program (R&D), FBLA (Officer position my last two years), Rho Kappa Honor Society, NEHS, Peer Mentors, NHS

i have taken mostly AP/honors classes

I was a finalist for the TASS program (should i include that?)

IMPORTANT: because of family issues my junior year my grades were the lowest its been in my whole academic career (First time ever receiving a C, which i got in two classes), so i was wondering how much of an impact it will make with a negative trend in grading thus far
—> Fresh: 4.1; Soph: 4.1: Jun 3.5; GPA colleges see (cumulative) = 3.95 (calculations are cursory)

All input will be very helpful thanks!!

The vast majority of OOS students are academic admits http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted. If you do not qualify for academic admit stats, then you become a review candidate. The university has rolling admissions to the university and rolling admissions to the business school - which is very popular & fills quickly. Many students apply early, later applicants sometimes do not get the opportunity to get their desired major.

The reported admission stats on search sites include not only full admits to the College Station campus, but also partial, probationary & alternate campus locations. Texans know this, others do not. IF you’re looking at the 69% acceptance rate, it is very misleading.

Your best chances are to retake the ACT/SAT to get the highest score possible, be the top 25% of your class, write your hardship into the appropriate essay, One word of advice, from OOS do not use acronyms for your listing of achievements other than HUGE organizations like FBLA , we had issues with what seems obvious organizations that just aren’t in TX school systems ( for us it was scholarship issues not admissions - mine were both academic OOS applicants). It isn’t any harder to get in from OOS, there just are not as many applicants and then OOS students who get the other options often do not continue to pursue TAMU.

If you are a review student chances of getting a full time College Station slot are actually 12%. If you’re in this category, everything counts on your application for admission. It was 50% scores & rank and 50% everything else when they published decision criteria. Chances if you are a academic admit are 100%, getting your major will be based on application date. All that counts is rank & scores. Everything else is only used for scholarship review.

Business school admits to general business then after a few courses you apply to your specific major. It seems to work out each year that those who want a specific major do get it. There are many groups to join for finance - I would highly suggest them. They often lead to wonderful internships & follow on jobs. The more national exams you take for finance, the higher your starting pay.