Chance me for Pet E and Mech E please?

<p>Hi, I'm a rising senior and was wondering what my chances are for Petroleum and Mechanical Engineering.</p>

<p>In-State, Asian Male</p>

<p>Rank: 62/793 Top 8%
GPA: 4.75/6 W, Not sure what UW is
SAT: 1960, 590 CR 720 M 650 W; Will be retaking SAT in October, new score should be around mid 2000's</p>

<p>ECs:
NHS
Drafting Club (Freshman, Junior, Senior)
Mu Alpha Theta (Sophomore, Senior)
Interact (Senior)
Hosa (Freshman)</p>

<p>Volunteering is a bit lacking. By the time I submit my application, I will have 30-40 hours.</p>

<p>I recently landed a job.</p>

<p>1st in State for TSA Freshman year
2nd in State for TSA Junior Year</p>

<p>All Pre-AP/AP</p>

<p>Schedule for Senior Year:
AP Bio
AP Comp Sci
Pre AP Pre-Calc
AP English IV
AP Macro Eco/AP Govt
STEM
Animation</p>

<p>My main concern right now is that I'm taking Pre-Cal next year. How much will not taking Calculus in high school affect me? Also, how fast does Pet E and Mech E fill up, and would you mind giving me a link to your source?</p>

<p>Apply ASAP since you’re in the top 10%.</p>

<p><a href=“ApplyTexas”>ApplyTexas;

<p>I don’t even think you need to volunteer more or retake the SAT.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply!</p>

<p>I have already started my application, and will definitely apply early. I should have my application in by the end of September. But can’t I submit my test scores after I submit my application?</p>

<p>Well I hope you indicated on nsat.collegeboard.org that your SAT scores be sent to A&M.</p>

<p>After you submit your application, you will be able to see if A&M has received your SAT scores (as well as high school transcript) via applicant.tamu.edu.</p>

<p>as hillo said, apply ASAP and make sure your SAT scores have been sent. Also if other posts are true, you will be admitted to General Engineering so it won’t matter if your SAT score is higher or not.</p>

<p>Well, I also want to apply to other schools that might want a higher SAT score than 1960. I will work hard to make sure I get my application in ASAP though.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Doesn’t matter other than the fact that you may have to work harder than your peers at first. This may actually work to your advantage, as it did for me. Many of my classmates did not believe that they needed to study for the first round of calculus exams as they thought they already knew the material extremely well, I knew I didn’t and it ended up that most of them were wrong.</p>

<p>Edit: Didn’t see your class ranking so you can disregard below, but I’ll leave it for possible future readers. (My test scores were better but class ranking worse due to a certain high school)</p>

<p>IMO PETE and MEEN fill up pretty quickly. I had better stats than you and both were full when I was accepted but that doesn’t mean that they won’t be open for you. It’s not that big of a deal though, you can try and take another major that is ideally in the same track as your desired major since the classes will be the same freshman year. You have to have your eye on the prize of eventually transferring over to your major so do well your first semester or two and I would think your major change request would be accepted by whatever department you choose.</p>