State Residency- Texas
Ethnicity: South Asian (Pakistan)
Class Rank: 42/696 - on my next transcript I'll probably move up two places
GPA: 3.8 UW/ 4.75 W
Classes- All AP/ Pre Ap classes whenever possible
AP Exams:
WHAP- 5
Spanish-3
Awaiting scores for 4 more AP exams ( eng 3, psych, apush, human geo)
SAT- 2060 second try (CR 670, 710 M, 680 W) CR+M=1380. Will take it one more time.
ACT- Will find out next week
ECs-
75 hours volunteering at Baylor and observed actual surgeries. Will add 100 more hours this summer and will continue to volunteer through senior year.
Started a small reselling vendor on Amazon. $5000 in revenue last year.
Part of an out of school investment club. Friends are observing and learning about the stock market. We are investing $7000 and will donate all of the earnings we make.
Student council for one year- I did not enjoy it
NHS member
Spanish honor society member
Science honor society member
Mu alpha theta for half a semester </p>

<p>I want to do the Petroleum Engineering Programalong with pre med pre Reqs. Maybe even The business school? Any chance I'll get a scholarship?</p>

<p>You appear to be an auto admit being in the top 10% and your SAT math score is well above the minimum for engineering majors. As long as you get your application in early (August, September) you have a 100% chance of getting in either major. How’s that for a chance prediction?! Can’t get much better.</p>

<p>Really?!? That sounds awesome. So if I apply in August or September isn’t that considered early decision? So basically I’ll have to commit or lose some money. Do you know by any chance how the petroleum engineering school compares with the it Austin petroleum engineering program? Is it wise to take pre med pre Reqs with the engineering classes? Do you know if I’ll get any scholarships?
Sorry for asking a lot of questions…</p>

<p>A&M doesn’t do early decision, they have rolling admissions. You do not have to commit until as late as the national deadline of May 1st. You can commit anytime after you are accepted and you have the right to decline if you change your mind.</p>

<p>You are competitive to get scholarships, but never guaranteed. I do know that A&M has an excellent Pet E program. How it compares directly with t.u. (what we Aggies call the school in Austin), I am unsure. As for the rest of your questions, someone else with more knowledge in those areas will need to answer.</p>

<p>Bump!!! Thanks for the suggestions so far.</p>

<p>Bump! Some more ap scores
Psych-4
Apush-4
Human geo-5
English Lang-4</p>

<p>as gxgal said, get your app into a&m as early as possible and you will get your first choice major. Petrol engineering is popular and will fill up early! The rolling admissions at a&m is completely different than the admissions process at UT. I wish HS counselors would explain this fully at the end of junior year…it is so important.</p>

<p>Fullmetalx, you’ll get in to whatever major you want at a&m, just be sure to apply asap so that you’ll get a spot in your choice major before all the spots are taken</p>