Chance Me For Purdue Engineering!!! PLEASE!!!

<p>^id assume it is because aeronautical eng is hard to get into and your ACT scores. I don’t really know, but your average students gpa is much lower than that. Middle 50% of engineers GPA is 3.4-3.8</p>

<p>Just some thoughts. Purdue does their own GPA calculation based on the core classes- and it is always unweighted grades that they consider–always. The people who comment on engineering are correct. You are going to need the higher end of the scale on GPA and a higher SAT or ACT score. The scale for GPA and scores are often for the entire school–not engineering precisely–which is tougher. Sometimes, Purdue gives a chance with lower scores, but not often. The people dropping out is rather high --as pointed out. It is very competitive and that is why the requirements are a little higher. I honestly think it will be difficult to get accepted into Purdue for Engineering. You do have an alternative that is risky. You can go in as an undecided major–do very well your first semester or even the first full year–and then apply as a transfer into engineering. Purdue can help you with setting up your freshman classes with that goal in mind. However, if you get C’s in the Calc classes at Purdue and something less than a 3.Plus something, you won’t be able to transfer into engineering. Most of the people on this thread are providing a realistic situation for acceptance into engineering. I am an Alum and I know several engineers. FWIW, my son will likely matriculate into computer science in the School of Science. Not as difficult to get into as the engineering area. I would take the suggestion and apply yourself to the most challenging courses for your senior year–and do well. Simple enough to say–harder to do. It doesn’t hurt to apply–you never know. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks for your input, but those numbers were taken from a chart on the purdue website that lists the average stats for each college. The range IS 3.4-3.8, however, I do not know if this is core classes only. Do you know how purdue calculates GPA?</p>

<p>My junior core class gpa is about 3.6 and overall is about a 3.0 (ouch). Do you think if I think if I write a good essay about my transition into a better student and take the SAT’s again after prepping for a 2100+ I would have a significantly better chance?</p>

<p>Yes and do well first semester of senior year. Core is your typical math, science, English, history, etc. Not subjects like PE, music, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks computerdad. If I don’t get my desired SAT score i’ll take it again and I am taking 4 AP’s and 2 honors next year and am hoping that at worst I will be deferred so they can see how I perform under a harder schedule.</p>

<p>Just thought i’d let you all know that I was admitted.</p>

<p>would you mind chancing me Caruso707? Please!?!</p>

<p>here the link if you can, <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1531158-could-anyone-please-chance-me-getting-into-purdue-engineering.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1531158-could-anyone-please-chance-me-getting-into-purdue-engineering.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;