Chance me for Purdue University!!

<p>International Student</p>

<p>ACT composite: 23 (Math: 31, English (without writing): 20)</p>

<p>ECs: 3 years of varsity Basketball team (captain)
1 years of varsity soccer team (captain)
basic clubs.... etc (for 3 years)
80 hours of community service</p>

<p>Essay: very good</p>

<p>GPA: 10th-3.33
11th-3.75 Overall GPA: 3.58
12th-4.00
All weighted (no school rank)</p>

<p>I really want to apply for engineering program but I don't want to get rejected. I'm also thinking about business (management), too.</p>

<p>please chance me and give me some advices</p>

<p>PS. I don't know for engineering and business program but my scores and gpa is in
middle 50% range (except for my english section score but my math score is over
middle 50% range) according to the site from Purdue.</p>

<p>i think you have a good shot at engineering too… where you from?</p>

<p>a 3.58 weighted gpa isn’t that good…same with a 23 act score…i doubt u’ll get in engineering…management maybe…</p>

<p>any more advices?? i’m so desperated right now lol…</p>

<p>Although it is all weighted, I didn’t get any C grade on my transcript… it’s mostly B+/A- grades
Our school only counts weighted gpa…</p>

<p>so does that mean that you didn’t take any weighted classes? b/c if you didn’t get any C’s, that means you got Bs in weighted classes which are 4s right?</p>

<p>Engineering I’m not sure, but for management I think your in. I got accepted with 3.3 UW gpa and 1160 SAT (math and crit)</p>

<p>yup, B in AP class is A. no Cs in my transcirpt.</p>

<p>I think I’ll just go for management…</p>

<p>Oh! one more thing, is it ok to major for management though I took mostly math and science classes? (and some lab classes).</p>

<p>Are they going to think negatively since I took classes which are not related to business?</p>

<p>damn, I really want to get in…</p>

<p>Some Honors and AP classes (math and science)</p>

<p>and AP classes for all math and science in 12th grade (also took AP Gov)</p>

<p>yeah that’s fine. most hs people take the same curriculum so it doesn’t really matter what you took in hs as long as everything wasn’t too easy. but the more biz related classes you took in hs can prob help you out in college. at least it did for me.</p>