Chance Me for TAMU Engineering

hi! I was wondering about my chances of getting in? I’ve been so stressed about college and knowing where I stand lol (maybe I’m overthinking everything as I usually do), but if anyone could give me some relief or advice that would be wonderful! I tried to be as thorough and accurate as possible, so I hope that helps :slight_smile:

When did you apply: Oct 14th (but it finally said Completed and In Review on Wednesday the 23rd)
Class Rank: I’m 150 out of 875 (SUPER competitive high school :slightly_frowning_face:)
GPA: 3.8 out of 4.0/ 4.75 out of 5.0
WTD Numerical: I think it’s about 110
SAT: I can’t remember my Sub Scores but I had a 1340 (I’m super bad test taker unfortunately)
When did you receive your admission decisions: not yet
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

Extracurriculars and extra info:
Clubs:
-NHS, EHS, Mu Alpha Theta(Math Honor Society, French Honor Society, Music Honor Society
-Orchestra Core Member (Historian); The Breakfast Club (VP); Women In STEM (President)
-Globally Green, French Club, Student Council, Students Demand Action

Jobs:
-babysitting during summer
-Restaurant (Front Worker) since summer till now; about 16-24 hours per week

Volunteering (in HS):
-CCA 27+ hours
-Language School 60+hours
-Trash Bash 20+ hours
-other volunteering but I think it’s too little to count

AP Classes:
AP Chem, APUSH, AP Calc AB, AP Calc BC, AP Gov, AP Econ, AP Eng 4, AP French 4

Other Info:
-Orchestra for 4 years (2nd Highest orch)
-speak another language fluently+studied french at school

• I’d like to think that my essay and short answer were pretty good, and I got them checked as many times as possible lol!

I think you’ll get an alternative offer. You are a great candidate. If you don’t get full offer, they will still want you. It’ll be up to you to decide if you want it. Please keep us posted!!!

hey there! I feel horrible for not answering but I would just like to thank you! Ive been so caught up with school and my job and everything that I hadn’t had a chance to come on here :frowning: anyways, I know you’ve been helping a lot of parents and kiddos out and it is much appreciated :slight_smile:
I thought I would let you know that I found out on Tuesday that I was accepted to College Station and the College of Engineering!!! I’m super pumped if you couldn’t tell haha
I’m assuming this week was a major week for engineering acceptances because 5 of my other friends (all applied to engineering) also found out

Hi, I’m a current Engineering student here at TAMU and we actually have the exact same SAT score. I think you sound like a really great candidate so you shouldn’t worry too much :), however, if you don’t get accepted, don’t worry, everything will turn out okay. If you ever have any questions about A&M feel free to ask :slight_smile: