Chance me for TAMU please

3.7 GPA (4.0 scale)

1350 SAT score

-National Honor Society

-Will have taken 10 AP classes in total after senior year

What do you plan to study?

@isaacro15

NHS, for most colleges, isn’t worth that much.

Also your class rank is more important than GPA. If you can get the SAT up, you could get academic admit.

@DoctorWho2016

Unless he/she is going for engineering, what they plan to study is unimportant due to first come, first serve.

TAMU uses class rank not GPA, top 25% is required for academic admit. The automatic admit threshold for the SAT is 1360… you’re co close, sign up & retest.

I really want to major in either biology, chemistry, or biochemistry.

What is your class rank? This is very important to A&M admissions. Are you in Texas?

biology chemistry & biochemistry are all direct admits on rolling basis. Historically they do not fill as quickly with auto applicants so a review candidate has a good chance of getting their major if they are admitted to the university.

Currently, I’m top 11% in my school (53/480), and yes I’m a Texas resident.

You can apply as a review admit now, then retake SAT/ACT and submit scores to become an academic admit. You would get admitted faster with academic admit than waiting for review, academic admits only count rank/score & a completed application. If you don’t retake, you will have to wait to see if you will be admitted as holistic review (everything counts & your rank/score is only 50% of the decision) Your chances are good as a review, but not guaranteed vs. 100% if you score an additional 10 points on the SAT or a 30 on the ACT.