chance me for texas a&m class of 2022 please!!!!!!!

• 4.07 weighted GPA
  • ranked 53/470 of my class (top 11%)
  • SAT score 1200 (620W, 580M) (yikes, i know)
  • i've had two jobs
  • extra-curriculars: member of NHS, president of FCCLA culinary arts chapter, member of student council freshman year, member of musical cast for theatre sophomore year, been with culinary arts program from sophomore year to senior year
  • taking two AP classes this year - AP statistics & AP government (A and A+, respectively)
  • applying as psychology major, then applying to school of nursing

i’m so nervous that my SAT score will be my downfall. i’m also applying to UT austin (which i know is a reach), and i’ve already been accepted into sam houston.

a&m looks into ranking and standardized exam scores the most.
your ranking is great, but your sat score needs improvement. i’d say those two balance out.
your extracurricular activities are also very good but none of them relate to your major (although it could be hard to find an extracurricular activity to actually relate to psychology).

also, side note, i recommend for you to take the AP psychology exam to get credits in college.

psychology is not as competitive as engineering or business, so it could help you.
in my opinion, you have a 50/50 shot, but you’ll probably get BLINN team due to your sat score.

@cryingasian Fear not… I know of someone that had a lower SAT score and was also top 11% and was just admitted last week. His ECs consisted of Varsity Golf. Went into Architecture which is a tough major. Psychology is a great major and I actually have a friend who is an advisor in the dept. Once you are in, you will get tons of help from them. Can’t say that about all majors! lol Keep us posted… and if you’re already in… Oops sorry, just saw this post.

Side comment about suggestion for you to take AP Psychology exam and claiming college credits. I have heard just the opposite from TAMU. They suggested to my daughter that she “claim” hours only in non-major classes. Guessing that this is an across the board recommendation, but sure they can tell you. Best of luck!

@cryingasian so did you get in?