Chance me for transferring

International student from Japan at a boarding school looking to transfer.

Grades
Currently, Mostly A- and A and one B or B- for physics honors this term

Extracurriculars
Chess club
Community service club
Upenn investment club
Soccer, Wrestling, golf

Awards
None

Recs
Good relationship with all.

Essays
Haven’t started yet

Interviews
Interview with all my school went really well
SSAT
I am not sure when or how to take it yet.

Financial Aid
None
Schools applying to:
taft loomis kent

1 Like

Your credentials looks good.standardized test may help if schools are not test optional. Doesn’t Loomis look for test scores? What is UPenn investment club?

1 Like

Loomis and Kent is test optional. But Taft isn’t. The problem is I have Saturday school and the test happens only on saturdays. I can’t ask my school for me to be excused because they will know I am transferring and I am trying to keep it discreet until the very last moment when I have to submit my rec letter. The investment club is a club where we compete in upenn investment competition and have to write stock reports and buy stocks.

oh and the boarding school i am in is still top 50 so its not like a really easy school. i also take above average courses.

If you are already in such top 50 tier school, it is not worth to transfer to Taft/Loomis/Kent. Grasses are not always greener on the other side. Believe me.

2 Likes

To follow up on the last comment. I guess why those schools? What are you looking for? And how will these options be better?

I feel like I dont get enough opportunities here and it feels really depressing. The student body is small and everyone smokes and drinks out of boredom. I hate it here.

That is tough and explains why you want to leave but why the 3 schools you listed? Are you casting a wider net?

Not rlly. These were schools I applied the previous year and loved it.

If you do not get (re)accepted to these schools, how will you fell stay where you are? What have you done to explore the differences in culture to ensure you are moving away from the situation at your current school?

Just good things to consider.