chance me for ucberk and I'll chance back!

<p>Someone please chance me?</p>

<p>-UC GPA: 3.3
-UW GPA: not sure
-W gpa: not sure
---CC gpa : 3.26
-Ethnicity: african american

<p>Major: Applied as a theater and performance major (if accepted will declare a double major in sociology)
CA Resident
California Community college student... 10 years at the community college level (i havea documented learning disability)</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:
I have worked extensively in theater and music-- during this time--- working professionally as an actor, singer and dancer.</p>

<p>*supernumerary actor for sf opera
* principal roles in college/community theatre and professional productions.
*sang "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to congressman George Miller (D) of Pleasant Hill
*performed in numerous school groups including several solos with orchestra (Handel, Messiah, Mozart Requiem, Mozart Regina Coeli,et al )
*participated in every vocal performance group at my school (all 5 for at least 2 years one for 5 years)
*worked as a professional soloist for several churches (Durufle Requiem and assorted choral works)</p>

<p>Awards:
-Irene Ryan nomination for performance at community college
-As a peer advisor in financial aid office received 5 awards for outstanding peer advisor!
-Aspiring Artist award University of the Arts
-Hohmann Vocal Scholarship
-Vocal Performance Scholarship (3x awarded)</p>

<p>Personal Statements:
1) theater acts as a conduit towards personal agency. To major in theater and performance studies would further not only my educational goals but my sense of value as I seek to create theater thats speaks of my unique cultural experiences as an african american.
2) spoke of my situation (being a re-entry student and balancing work school, race and being poor) and attempting to make it through school...ITS been a struggle... but I have made it !!! ;-)</p>

<p>ALSO:</p>

<p>I am apart of Uc Berkeley's TAP, Stiles HAll, and Berkeley Experience programs
--so got lots of help on both my transfer essays and they are both quite strong!!! :-)</p>

<p>what do you think are my chances for getting into UC berkeleys Theatre and performance studies degree program?</p>

<p>HONESTLY???</p>

<p>THANx bunches :-)</p>

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>Given the GPA, I think that Berkley is a bit of a reach, but the theater performance and awards could make up for it a bit, as you are looking at a performance major. Id say 25% chance of acceptance, but I am no expert</p>