Chance me for UCLA and SDSU nursing?

Hey all, I applied as freshmen applicant to several schools for both pre-nursing and direct entry. I’m seeking others input on my chances as I wait for my results from my top schools, UCLA and SDSU.

Major: Nursing

here are my stats:

GPA (UW): 4.0
CSU GPA: 4.4
GPA (W) (9-12): 4.34
GPA (W) (10-12): 4.47
Class Rank: 12 out of 416
AP classes taken (and taking): AP Eng Lang, AP Chemistry, AP Eng Lit, AP Studio Art, AP Calculus AB, AP Biology (Junior Year AP Scores: 4 on AP Lang, 4 on AP Chem)
SAT: 1530 (760 english, 770 math)

ECs:
4 year member of Student Council
Freshmen and Sophomore class secretary
Junior class president
4 yr member/ 3 yr Commissioner of my Student Council Class’ Service/Outreach Committee (in charge of various volunteer activities and fundraising events)
70 hours as an unpaid peer tutor
3 year competitive club volleyball player
4 year school volleyball player (2 years on Varsity)
2 year school badminton player (1yr var)
3 year Link Crew Leader (welcoming freshmen to school, putting on freshmen orientation)
California Scholarship Federation Lifetime Member
4 year Nurse Club Member
Volunteered about 16 hours at some events for my local hospital
Attended a 4 day nurse academy over the summer

Honors:
2 year varsity volleyball scholar athlete award
most improved player (freshman volleyball)
BIONIC award (my school offers teachers the ability to award students this award for diligence, effort and academic achievement)

I have also had a job since my sophomore year and I will be a first generation college student.

Look forward to hearing back :slight_smile:

Also, I have already been admitted to CSULB (invite to honors college), UNR, CSU Chico, and CSU Sacramento for Pre-Nursing! I also got the regents scholarship for UCSB (Physiology major). Waiting to hear back from UCLA (Nursing), UC Berkeley (nutrition major), UC Davis (Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior major), and SDSU (Nursing).

Congrats on being a 1st generation college applicant and for your successful high school career. The acceptance rates for CA public school direct entry BSN programs are extremely low (2-5%) so there are no guarantees for anyone. But you certainly have the stats and course rigor for acceptance by SDSU. The ECs will matter for UCs. I’d guess with solid essays you would be competitive at the UCs as well.

Note: other APs/DEs that can work well with Nursing road maps are AP Stats instead of Calc, Physio, and even Political Science.

@Banker1 Thanks for the response!

You are definitely a competitive applicant but as stated above, the admit rates are low for SDSU and UCLA. I think SDSU is a definitely possible and UCLA is hard to determine.

Best of luck and you have some good choices already.

Appreciate the response! Thanks!