Chance me for ucs?

Hey, guys! I would appreciate being chanced for the UCs, particularly Berkeley & Davis as i’m leaning to sticking to Norcal!

[QUOTE=""]

In-state Student
GPA: 4.0 UW w/ a UC GPA of 4.33

I’m not sure if this makes a difference but my transcript was submitted for the ELC program

Sat I: 1390 (720 r/w, 670 math) (side note that the highest SAT score has been a 1410 at my school; not sure if the UCs see that/if it makes a difference or not…)
AP Tests: HuG (5), Euro (4), Lang (4), US Hist (4), Bio (3)
-I’ve taken all but 2 APs offered at my school

Senior Year Course load: AP Calc, AP Stats, AP Lit/Comp, AP Gov, Spanish 4, Health/Hosp (a program where I intern at the local hospital for 6-9 hours weekly), Physics (ap phys didn’t fit into my schedule)

Intended majors: For UC Berkeley, I’m interested in Biology or Public Health (so probably submitting as undeclared biological sciences) & for Davis, I’m interested in Pharmaceutical Chemistry

ECs (limited to 5 b/c the UCs only have you write that many):
-Learned how to read/write Punjabi more fluently alongside studying Sikh history
-CSF (9th-12th): I’m probably going to be VP this year, member through grades
-Link Crew Leader (12th): help freshmen enter high school more comfortably, year-long commitment of checking in on our groups routinely, tutoring them, giving them advice, etc.
-Art Club (9th-12th): worked on beautifying campus, vocalizing arts needs across campus, & i had a major role in a big mural we created
-Ambulance Assistant/Intern (12th, 9 hours a week): assist paramedics, attend ambulance rides, shadow, etc. (Note: this is not affiliated w/ the class in which I intern)

Awards/Honors
-Don’t wanna go into too much detail to protect my identity lol but I got a certificate from California State Legislature for doing the Prostart Competition
-Again ^^ but got an award at my school that only 1 freshman receives for English
-AP Scholar w/ Distinction

Community Service
-School Teacher (12th, 2 hours/week): tutor struggling kids (ages 9-15) in how to read/write Punjabi, act as an assistant teacher, plan lesson plans & independently teach the Sikh history portion of the class

More experiences I’m mentioning in the essays:
-Prostart Competition: participated during sophomore year, won a grant for school, highlighted my leadership abilities
-Independent study: took some school time off (about 2.5 months total, including finals) to travel abroad but still completed all my work while gone, made up finals/exams promptly, maintained 4.0 (if this sounds cocky, sorry lol but just proud i was able to have both great experiences in foreign countries and also keep my grades up (:slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to read this!! I really value honest opinions so please be honest on if you think I would be accepted (:

You have a competitive GPA which the UC’s focus on and your SAT is within range but needs to be bumped up into the 1400+ range for UCB.
ELC means that if you are not accepted into your choice UC, then your application will be forwarded to UC Merced.

UCB should be considered a Reach. UC Davis looks like a Match. You have a chance at the majority of the UC’s but due to them being unpredictable in terms of admission , make sure you will happy attending your safety schools.

Competitive majors will have lower admit rates.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above (capped weighted):

UCB: 42.7%
UCLA: 47.2%
UCSD: 84.2%
UCSB: 82.0%
UCD: 90.3%
UCI: 94.1%
UCSC: 92.7%
UCR: 97.5
UCM: 98.1%

25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

Best of luck and apply widely.

Listen to Gumbymom :-). If you want to stay in NorCal, make sure to send one of your applications to Santa Cruz. You are very likely to get in there if you apply.