Chance me for UCSC/UCD! Thank you!

I’m a high school senior who is really worried about the admission standards for CS here. UCSC and UCD have been my dream schools for a long time. What are my chances?

Demographics: Male, Chinese American, California native

I come from a non-competitive public high school.

Intended Major(s): Computer Engineering or Computer Science

ACT/SAT/SAT II: 1440 (750 Math 690 ERBW)

UW/W GPA and Rank: UW 4.0 W 4.09 Class Rank 50/477 Top 11%

APs/Honors: My school only lets us take a maximum of 3 AP or Honors classes per year

AP CS, English Honors, AP Calc AB, Japanese 3 Honors

Awards: Scholar Athlete Award (Get a 4.0 UW while playing school sports), Scholastic Team Award(Our badminton team had the highest average GPA) , Kumon Mathematics Silver Award (High ranked in Kumon’s math program)

Extracurriculars: (meh) Varsity Badminton Team for a year, I volunteered at the library for 3 years and I was part of the Teen Computer Corps, a service to help seniors with their computer problems, I was the head of this Corps, I was the owner of a mid-level esports team for this league: https://www.ugcleague.com/, Tennis Club, Robotics Team for a little bit

Essays: Pretty Good

Actual UC GPA is 4.18. I’m not sure if my school calculated it wrong or I did. When I looked on the CSU app it was 4.18, but when I looked on my transcript it said 4.09.

I like to use this calculator for the UC GPA’s: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Your GPA and test scores are well within range. I think you have a very good chance at UCSC and a good chance at UCD.

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific: 
UCD:41%
UCSC: 70%

2019 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCD: 4.13
UCSC: 3.96

2019 Data: 
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:
UCD:    1230-1490
UCSC:  1200-1450

Best of luck

if your UCGPA is 4.09, you are competitive for UCSC but Davis is going to be a reach - maybe 40/60 odds.
Good luck

If your unweighted is 4.0 and given the number of AP and honors classes that you listed, your UC capped weighted GPA should be much higher than 4.09 or 4.18. Probably closer to 4.30. Use Rogerhub UC GPA calculator to calculate your 10-11 grade GPAs and report back. Only count a-g classes. There is a huge difference between 4.09 and 4.18 and 4.30.

For Davis did you apply to CS in the College of Engineering or the College of L&S?

Hello. Can you chance my son for UCSC and UCD as well? He was waitlisted at CSULB. He’s a biology major. 3.88GPA. 7 AP, 4 honors, 1 college class.
I’m super nervous. My daughter went to CSULB and I thought it was a safety school for him.

Closing this thread since OP has been not on CC for a year.