Chance me for UCSD, UCSB, UCI (or any UC)

Please chance me for UCI UCSB UCSD (or any UC, but preferably these 3) (sorry if its a bit long hahahah)

In state
UC GPA W: 4.409
UC GPA Capped: 4.227

SAT:1410 (720 ERW and 690 Math), but no sat subject tests

Major: Undecided in physical sciences (or maybe I might put down Environmental Science)

Low income first generation asian female

ECs + Community Service (are weak b/c family problems, always at home babysitting):

• various clubs that I do not hold a cabinet position in but have been a part of for 3 years (but I hold a cabinet position in 2 clubs)
  • volunteer hours at library
  • AVID tutor at my school (which adds to my community service/volunteer hours)
  • Hosted Veterans Day Assembly and Veteran Luncheon at my school
  • I tutor homeless children through a program
  • Academic Decathlon 2 years (1 year on the competition A-team)
  • Volleyball for 1 year (had to quit bc it didn’t fit into my schedule after I joined Academic Decathlon)
  • babysitting siblings extensively b/c parents are always at work

Awards (basically nonexistent): AP Scholar, Gold Oak Honor Roll

Senior Courseload: AP Comp Sci Principles, H Econ/AP Gov, Academic Decathlon, AP Calculus AB, Avid Tutor, ERWC (English)

You probably will be accepted by at least one of these 3. You’re in range for UCLA as well, though UCLA is considered a reach for everyone. First generation will help.

I agree with @ProfessorPlum168 that you look competitive for all the UC’s but due to the popularity and low acceptance rate for UCLA, all applicants should consider it a Reach along with UCB.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above:

UCB: 42.7%
UCLA: 47.2%
UCSD: 84.2%
UCSB: 82.0%
UCD: 90.3%
UCI: 94.1%
UCSC: 92.7%
UCR: 97.5
UCM: 98.1%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

Best of luck.

@ProfessorPlum168 @Gumbymom thank you! would you guys consider UCSB, UCSD, and UCI as a high match/low match/match? also, would putting down undeclared hurt my chances?

Undeclared does not impact your chances but if you decide to switch majors into something more competitive, you may be limited on that possibility IE. Engineering/Computer Science.

I would put UCSB, UCI and UCD as Match schools based on stats but since UC’s tend to be very unpredictable, make sure you to apply to UCSC and UCR as safety schools or one of the top Cal States.

UCSD closer to a High Match but still definitely possible.

@Gumbymom thank you! I am definitely applying to some cal states and UCSC.

you are a strong candidate for all of them.

good luck

@NCalRent thank you! I hope so too