Chance me for University of Miami?

<p>So, my choices for college are pretty limited due to the fact that I completely slacked 9th and 10th grade, basically trashing my GPA... Anyway, I'm finishing up my junior year now with much improvement, expecting to do the same throughout senior year. </p>

<p>Completed/Current AP's: AP Bio, AP US History, AP Lang/Comp, AP World History
All honors classes except some electives, Alg 2 and Financial Alg (Weak in math)
Senior course load: AP Literature, AP Government, AP Psych, AP Macroeconomics, Pre-calc, Physics Hon, Chemistry II(No hon offered)
Current GPA: 3.8W, 3.5UW
Took Chinese 1 online and have completed Spanish 1-3</p>

<p>Hoping my GPA will continue to go up... Around straight A's, hoping to graduate with 4.0W
Taking SAT/ACT in June, hope to get 1800+/27+ (just guess-timating)
Volunteer at hospital, hope to get around 100+ hours
Lame-ish EC's, was in Key Club and Creative Writing Club for a little while... Hope to join HOSA in 12th
In SDD (Superintendent's Diploma of Distinction, basically our honor's society)</p>

<p>I want to go in as a Microbiology major on the pre-med route.
Do I even stand a chance?</p>

<p>I wouldn’t call a 3.5 “completely trashed” by any standards. Pending SAT/ACT results, I’d say you have a good chance, especially with your strength of schedule. Keep up the good work this year, and if you still don’t feel comfortable with your GPA, you can always apply RD and wait for 1st semester senior grades to come out. Good luck!</p>

<p>Does your HS rank? Do you know what your class rank is?</p>

<p>I think you have a decent chance, but you’ll probably need to score more along the lines of 30ACT/2000SAT, 27ACT/1800SAT range is pretty low for UM.</p>

<p>^^UM doesn’t even look at writing, BTW. So you should hope for anywhere above a 1330 (UM’s average two-part SAT)</p>

<p>^I realize that I was just giving the OP a general overall SAT guideline. As far as OPs specific Math and CR scores for UM I would agree that you should aim for 1300+</p>

<p>If your in the top 10% of your class/have a strong GPA, you’re still a pretty safe bet with 1270+, much lower than that can get iffy though.</p>

So, OP, did you get in? If so, do you like UMiami? Was there anything you wish you did differently?