Chance me for UW Madison?

Hey guys! Can someone chance me for UW Madison? I am out of state in Illinois applying to mechanical engineering!

Weighted GPA: 4.05
Unweighted GPA: 3.67
ACT: 31 (30 English, 34 math, 32 reading, 28 science)

School does not have class rank because there are over 1000 in my class, but I’m guessing I’m in the top 15 or top 10 percent

AP classes:
Junior year: AP Calc BC (5 on AP test), AP English Language and Composition (4 on AP test)
Senior year: AP Physics C, AP Spanish, AP Macroeconomics
(ALSO TAKING CALCULUS 3 SENIOR YEAR)

ECs:

-I’ve been on two mission trips to Juarez to build homes for families and one mission trip to Guatemala, and also two to Kentucky
-Job at Chipotle
-Church youth band
-Spanish Honors society (10th 11th and 12th grades)
-Tri M Music Honors society (11th grade)
-Baseball for my school 10th grade

Looks good for overall admission.

I don’t know about direct admit to engineering because that is new for this admission cycle.

You get admitted to the university as a whole regardless of your intended major. This means you can change majors and are in the same admissions pool as all other prospective freshmen. Once admitted there is there possibility of also being admitted to engineering. As above, this is new so unknown for getting that without having a UW gpa and applying once a UW student. Most students end up in L&S- the default college of most and where most of your freshman classes are likely.

So you think I’ll get in? It has been very stressful waiting for a decision from them, I just want to knowwww haha

@Madison85

Engineering is competitive at UW (as it is at UIUC).

I would think your 31 will be a hair above average and your 3.67 a hair below average for Engineering admits.

You are an OOS applicant, which makes it more difficult.

So – I’d be cautiously optimistic. Be sure to apply to a few more schools, including at least one more safety.

(U of Minnesota and UIUC are quality alternatives and safeties abound – consider UW-Platteville perhaps)

Good luck!

For the next four years, UW-Madison will be upping the amount of out of state students accepted. Good luck!

@Joeyjiggs see Post #1 in response to your Post #4.