Chance Me for UW-Madison

@JBStillFlying My hunch is he’ll have a ton of great choices to choose from. Good luck!

@JBStillFlying Sorry I missed this. From the class above me, half of Business School students were direct admits and half applied after their freshman year. They consider three things on the application (in addition to essays) for students applying as freshmen: College GPA, Involvement on campus, and overall resume. Interestingly enough, they do not consider the classes/course load at all. The admission rate for students applying as freshmen is 50%. Yes, it is smart to have a Plan B, which I do, given that I am not a direct admit into the Business school. Since I had AP credits that covered half of the Pre-Business requirements, I’m able to fill the rest of my schedule with classes that would count for a Letters & Science major, which fulfill requirements such as Humanities, Ethnic Studies, Literature, Communications, Foreign Language, etc. It’s super easy to make a schedule that still puts you on a 4 year track even if you don’t get in to the B school, mainly because whether or not you’re in the B school, freshman year is almost exclusively gen ed classes anyways. Academic advisers are helpful and super accessible - the University does a great job at making resources available too, to the point of even requiring you to meet with your advisers at orientation and then touch base again on campus.