Chance Me - George Washington University

Hi all. I am planning on applying ED I to GWU for the 2024 fall semester. I will appreciate your time and feedback on my chances:

STATS:
Female/White
First American Generation
Attends Public School in Nashville TN
IB - International Baccalaureate Graduate
UW GPA: 4.00/4.00
W GPA: 4.95
APs: 5
Honors: 13
AP/IB: 15
Dual Enrollment: 1
ACT: 31 (should I submit?)
Spanish Honor Society (11-12)
National Honor Society (12) - offered only in 12th grade
The Seal of Biliteracy

Extracurriculars:

• Hospital Volunteer (3 years)
  • Habitat of Humanity - house building for the people in need
  • Red Cross Blood Drive
  • HOSA Club Member (3 years)
    -3 Research projects in medical field from two universities in Nashville (Belmont and Vandy)
  • Additional community involvement (support children with motor and cognitive disorders, food drives)
  • Shadowing doctor
  • Work - office assistant for a local company

Major applying to: Health and Science Path / Biology Major / Columbian College of Arts & Sciences

Are you sure you can afford ? I think you’d get in RD - not just ED. With ED you may get merit but anecdotally why give it to you ?

Run the NPC and make sure you can afford before applying.

I would submit the test. It’s in range and in the last CDS less than half submit.

But with first gen, I think you get in test or otherwise.

Best of luck

1 Like

I think that you are likely to be accepted to GW. Make sure your family runs the Net Price Calculator (NPC) once GW updates its calculator for students entering in SY24-25, as there are some major changes happening how financial need is being calculated that will start in the SY24-25 year. Thus, any current NPC results may not be accurate compared to what will be available in a few months.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the feedback!!

2 Likes