Chance me into Petroleum Engineering

<p>alright howdy everyone! I'm looking to apply to Texas A&M for Petroleum Engineering and I should be submitting my application within the next week for fall 2011 admission. Help me out here. </p>

<p>UW GPA - 3.50
W GPA - 4.27
Class Rank - 163 of 756</p>

<p>SAT
Math - 580
Reading - 570
Writing - 490</p>

<p>ACT
Comp - 25</p>

<p>Pre-ap and AP classes.
Mom is an aggie.
Applying Early.
3 years of Habitat for Humanity.
2 years of National Junior Honor Society.
Science Honor Society.
TSA member.
Boy scouts.
Basketball. </p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the help!</p>

<p>I’ve also held a summer lifeguarding job for that past 2 summers in addition to working at papa john’s 15 hours a week for the last 6 months.</p>

<p>Top 21% and a 1150 M/CR and some good EC’s will maybe just barely get you into A&M itself. Reach for PetE. Your math score is pretty low. Not a really good class rank either for PetE. Retake SAT to get your math up to 650+. You will not get into PetE if you applied now.</p>

<p>I would also say no to petroleum engineering. With the current scores if you were accepted into another major in the engineering score it would probably be recommended that you take math 150 instead of math 151.</p>

<p>My opinion: getting into the school itself is going to be a reach if not a big reach.</p>

<p>Alright thanks everyone! good to know where I stand. Now to hit the books!</p>

<p>Also, would everyone recommend that I submit my application now and send my new sat/act scores in October after my retake? or should I wait and submit everything in October all at once?</p>

<p>bumpbump…</p>

<p>Alright I have some updated stats. </p>

<p>Step 3 since October 27th.
3.5 UW
166/762
28 ACT - R28 E30 M26 S28
1200/1850 SAT - 570CR 630M 650W
3/4 AP Classes Senior year</p>

<p>Still looking for A&M Petroleum Engineering. </p>

<p>A&M Admission?
Admission in time for a Petro spot?</p>

<p>bump.
could anybody help me out?</p>

<p>You submitted your application in august? were you admitted?</p>

<p>I submitted October 7th and I’m looking for someone to reevaluate me after I put some hard work into my sat/act 's.</p>

<p>Did you hear from them yet? I’m top 17% and scores didn’t make the 1300 mark, so I’m still waiting. Which engineering would fill up the fastest?</p>

<p>I still haven’t heard back yet. I’ll update here when I do.</p>

<p>Petroleum, Chemical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Nuclear, Civil, and BME are all full for Fall 2010.</p>

<p>I should be hearing from the pete department soon about whether I got in for the next semester or not. I got a 4.0 so I did my part, all I can do now is wait and see.</p>

<p>TXAg: Already trying for the transfer? I would think you will get in.</p>

<p>Dang a 4.0 nice! Let me know when you hear back from them since I am going to be taking near the same route!</p>

<p>Alright I just got the word, I have been accepted as of right now into the program. I think I may get another email tomorrow, the first one said I’ve been accepted but I hadn’t registered for my physics class so they were questioning that since it’s a CBK course. I answered that question and said I accepted the invitation, I’m hoping they will not rescind the decision due to me taking physics at a community college. I guess we will see sometime tomorrow or in the next few days but as of right now I’m in.</p>

<p>I know you may be following what I do so the route I took was Industrial Engineering -> 4.0 first semester -> petroleum engineering. </p>

<p>Good luck to you.</p>

<p>Edit: Also when you do apply for the internal transfer, don’t be shy. Make sure they know why they should accept you. During our discussion he was talking about how they probably wouldn’t accept any freshman because during the first semester we can usually just coast due to having taken calculus and advanced physics in high school. I made clear that I had taken neither and I guess the committee thought that as a result of this stuff being completely new to me and still getting a 4.0 I was worthy of the transfer.</p>

<p>Interesting… I will probably be asking for a transfer in a few months. It’s just a matter as to what department. However, it is nice to hear that someone else has gone through the process. Congrats on the thus far good news!</p>

<p>What are you currently in and which programs are you currently considering just out of curiosity</p>