Chance me? Looking for advice!

<p>I want to apply to A&M, but I am not sure I will get in. Here is my info</p>

<p>SAT: 1720- Writing: 600, CR: 590, Math: 530</p>

<p>92 Weighted GPA</p>

<p>105/500 something (Top 19%)</p>

<p>Quite a few extra curriculars and awards (NHS, AP Scholar w/Distinction)</p>

<p>Very strong Rec Letter</p>

<p>I never took the ACT because I am horrible at math and science. I know automatic admission is 1300, but I don't think I could get the CR much higher and math, I would really have to work at it to get up to 600 and that still wouldn't be 1300. Also, I am applying to the College of Liberal Arts, don't know if that would help or hurt my chances. Please be honest!</p>

<p>bump? please?</p>

<p>I honestly don’t think you have much of a chance at all unless you get that SAT score up and/or take the ACT.</p>

<p>I figured. Should I apply anyway? Chance of blinn program?</p>

<p>You probably can write some good essays, and you’d regret not applying.
Also, I believe you can apply without submitting the essays.</p>

<p>No - you should DEFINITELY write the essays. Everyone has to submit the essays.</p>

<p>Applied September 30th and was processed on Oct 10th and went to step 3. I have been on step 3 for about 8 weeks now. My gpa is a 3.8 unweighted and a 4,6 weighted. Taken 6 ap classes, in the top 16 percent of my class and scored a 1270 sat for cr and math, act composite 28. My 2 letters of recommendation came in late toward the end of October but are really strong and good. Involved in a couple of clubs(NHA, Student Council and DECA) and good amount of community service hours. I am applying to the business school and know how competitive it is! What do you all think of me getting into the business school? Hope to hear something really soon!</p>

<p>I’m guessing you didn’t have a 600 on each CR & M? If you did, you’re auto admit to the school. If your major is not full, you’ll get in.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks!! Math 650 and CR 620.</p>

<p>I was wrong, you have to have a 1300. :confused: But you are REALLY close. I think you’ll get in.</p>

<p>1300, with a 600 minimum in each and top 25% is an auto admit. I think you have a good shot.</p>

<p>Don’t you need a 1300 for CR and M to be auto admit? I"m just shy of that at a 1270. I have taken the sat a couple of times hoping to get it higher.</p>

<p>Thanks again and keeping fingers crossed!!</p>

<p>Can someone answer me and let me know if the Automatic Academic Admission applies to out of state students??</p>

<p>Thanks for any information.</p>

<p>^The Academic one, yes, but not the Top 10% one.</p>

<p>Thank you so VERY much, that is what I wanted to hear! I appreciate your speedy response.</p>