Chance me/Match me: Asian girl from California, 3.5/1390, aiming for Comp Sci

You might want to explore some of DePaul’s majors in its computing school (as it has a number of them) to see if there are other majors that sound interesting to you, as that could then be another major to look for at other universities: School of Computing | DePaul CDM. And even though it’s not listed on that first page, I do think that a major in User Experience Design, or similar, could be a possible fit for you: User Experience Design | DePaul University, Chicago.

3 Likes

You can only borrow $5.5k first year without a cosigner. Any loan beyond that would have to be on your parents (usually not a good idea).

3 Likes

At SUNY Albany, Game Design is a track within the Informatics major, which also offers tracks in Software Development, Data Analytics, Interactive User Experience, Information Technology, and Social Media. This could be a really nice, versatile program for you, where you could fine-tune your focus as you go along, and explore your interest in game design without being locked into a “niche” major. BS Informatics | University at Albany The Albany campus also participates in the new Flagship Match program, so it would cost the same for you as a UC.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.